PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum AR6200 reciever

Deputydawg
03-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Anyone using one of these on the Blade 400? If so how did you mount it? I bought pnp 400 and am trying to install the 6200 reciever that came with my DX6i and for the life of me I can't get it to fit into the cavity that eflite recommends it be mounted in.:arggg:
and no I haven't tried a crow bar and KY jelly yet!

Dave

Tommygunn
03-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Anyone using one of these on the Blade 400? If so how did you mount it? I bought pnp 400 and am trying to install the 6200 reciever that came with my DX6i and for the life of me I can't get it to fit into the cavity that eflite recommends it be mounted in.:arggg:
and no I haven't tried a crow bar and KY jelly yet!

Dave

Unfortunately, the problem with the 6200 rx is it's a top mount rx. In other words, the connectors plug in from the top. The Blade is so tight in room, that's why they sell it with an end mounted AR6100e. (e=end mounts)

Have you tried hanging the connector portion of the rx out of the back of the frame to give you room to plug the servos in? Maybe even upside down so that the pins face down? I don't have my Blade anymore, so I'm going from memory. It might look funky, but it might work.

Deputydawg
03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
The only option I can see at this point is to mount it to the bottom of the tail servo 2 sided tape and maybe a zip tie. I'm thinking this might change the CG though. Or
just spend the 50 bucks for the 6100e
Dave

75scoutII
03-14-2010, 09:55 PM
I saw one where he had the RX mounted on its side (pins at the top). He just took a dremel and ate up some of the frame enough where the RX would fit between the gap, standing up in the middle of the frame, some above the bottom and the antenna's below.

You could always remove it from the case, and put some heat shrink around it.

Sky1trek
03-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Unfortunately, the problem with the 6200 rx is it's a top mount rx. In other words, the connectors plug in from the top. The Blade is so tight in room, that's why they sell it with an end mounted AR6100e. (e=end mounts)

Have you tried hanging the connector portion of the rx out of the back of the frame to give you room to plug the servos in? Maybe even upside down so that the pins face down? I don't have my Blade anymore, so I'm going from memory. It might look funky, but it might work.
I always wondered what the e stood for. thanx Tommygunn!