PDA

View Full Version : 9XII,DSX9,9303 etc.anyone got 2 to compare?

wot
03-23-2010, 05:34 PM
As anyone got 2 of the radios above to compare.
I had the 9xii some time ago and sold for DX7,The 9XII quality was first rate.
I have just got a DSX9 and am dissapointed with the quality.And i have just seen a post here with the same topic.
The front anodized facia is blotchy,Its not flaking of or rough,the finish is just not consistant.
I wonder if this is a UK thing,the other post is from here also.I rang the vendor where i got mine and he said all his are the same.
Can anyone compare 2 if they have them to see if the finish and color is the same quality.Also is the color of the facia the same on the 9XII and DSX9/9303,i thought it was,shop says no.
Does the facia come off at all.I see there are several allan bolts.I might even spray mine.If need be black.

Flip465
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
As anyone got 2 of the radios above to compare.
I had the 9xii some time ago and sold for DX7,The 9XII quality was first rate.
I have just got a DSX9 and am dissapointed with the quality.And i have just seen a post here with the same topic.
The front anodized facia is blotchy,Its not flaking of or rough,the finish is just not consistant.
I wonder if this is a UK thing,the other post is from here also.I rang the vendor where i got mine and he said all his are the same.
Can anyone compare 2 if they have them to see if the finish and color is the same quality.Also is the color of the facia the same on the 9XII and DSX9/9303,i thought it was,shop says no.
Does the facia come off at all.I see there are several allan bolts.I might even spray mine.If need be black.

G'day 'wot',

I had to get rid of my old (15 + years old) JR 388S because it simply didn't have the channel mixing ability that the sets of today have. Plus, was getting sick of waiting for 'free' time on my frequency.

I was given a JR 9303 2.4 GHz DSM2. set (which is still up in Thailand) - by my 'BETTER HALF'. :-) She purchased it as soon as JR released them for sale - said it was to keep me out of trouble while she was at work running her companies during the days.

Very impressed with the Tx. surface finish all over - front, top, sides, bottom & back of the Tx. Was / is perfect, uniform and of a very high standard.

Just maybe the production quality control has slipped of late in the JR factory ???

2.4 GHz - MAGIC ! No more waiting for a free channel time. :-)

When set up with a bit of thought - 9 channel Rx with 2 satellite units attached and located to give signal reception no matter which way - up, down, sideways, the planks (& now helis) are flying - never had any problems with 'brown outs' or lost signals.

Still managed to 'arrive' rather than 'land' more often than not - but it was always pilot error. ;-(

While back here in Oz. I purchased the JR DSX9 2.4GHz. DSM2 set from one of our better LHS.
Still trying to master the art the hover - without playing 'lawn darts' with the helis.

Just opened up it's carry case and had a really good look all over this Tx. a few moments ago.
Exactly the same finish to this Tx. as well - not a blemish to be seen anywhere.

Did accidently manage to put a small mark on the screen of this set when first trying to set it up for helis.
Purchased a pair of screen protectors from 'RCScreenProtectors.com' .
Followed their instructions carefully about making sure the screen was as clean as possible before applying the screen protector.
Just now, moving the Tx. around under the deck lamp can't see any sign of that mark at all from any angle. Great investment gives much better protection than the original thin piece of film that came on the JR DSX9 Tx.

Main difference that's easy to see is the DSX9 set has 4 digital trims and the 9303 has a 'ratchet' style trim on the throttle channel.

Both my sets have the same power output as the ones sold in the US. - it's the JR sets being sold in Europe that have a power output restriction.

There is one MAJOR potential crash causing fault from the factory in both of these sets.

The wiring harness fitted to the left hand gimbel - from the rear view when opened, must be re-located. ( Or you're GOING to crash sooner - rather than later ! )
Not a difficult job at all - but if it's not done the wires will chaff on the rear of the gimbels frame and wear through the insulation.
Then, if left much longer, go right through the wires themselves in a pretty short time.

Would liked to see the gimbels bearings using ball bearing sets instead of just plain bushings.

PhnX
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I am using a dsx9 limited edition, my friends on the field has x9303 and ds9 normal.

between dsx9 limited and "un"limited:nanabobo , limited has backlit screen and has a gold\yellow surface. I like the grey better actually.

between the x9303 and dsx9, x9303 has a different gov menu than dsx9 . I cannot remember the details fully right now but I remember something like in a x9303 you can assing any switch to the governor while in a dsx9, if you activate the gov menu its always on the idle up switch.

Other than that, as you might already know x9303 has a analog style trim while dsx9 has digital style. Do not get me wrong, they are both digital trims, just the control surface is analogue. For my preference x9303 is easier to run on nitro helis (where you have to trim a good idle) and dsx9 is easier on the electric. Some people are afraid to forget the analogue throttle trim on the x9303 in a high position and accidentally start their electic motor but you can set trim steps for each channel, when you set +0 trim step to the throttle channel you are simply canceling the trim for throttle (which you do not need on a electric heli anyway).

So analogue throttle trim on x9303 is cool. Also the gov feature was better but they are personal preferences rather than "upgrades" .