PDA

View Full Version : Cp pro2 with a mind of its own.

A.Delaney
03-29-2010, 11:24 PM
So im flying in the gym tonight. I fly my first pack just fine. I wait for everything to cool down and go for my second pack. Its a TP pro power 30c 1350. I plug it in and bring the pro2 up into a hover and out of nowhere it darts off to the right. It was like full right aile but I gave it no right input. So I quick pulled it back left and leveled it out. Then immediately folowing that it nosed full forward into a flip and hit the gym floor upside down from about 4 feet up. It was like someone else had control of it other than me. Im flying with my dx7 and im pretty sure that with 2.4 I wont get interference from another radio, but it sure acted like it. There were alot of other people flying eflite stuff tonight and one of my buddies was having radio glitch issues also with his JR 9503. Any ideas?

BOB WHO?
03-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Ya gotta look at the bright side...... If it were just about any other heli, the repair costs would be much, much more. Sorry to hear about the unruly heli.

A.Delaney
03-30-2010, 07:53 AM
True, All in all it didnt do much damage. It broke both blades and one of my landing skids and chipped a couple teeth on my MH autorotation main gear. Thats about it though. Oh I havent looked yet but im sure the feathering shaft it bent.

Ragtime
03-30-2010, 09:21 AM
The dx7 comes with dual receivers, right? All the more extraordinary what happened to you. Maybe the experts here can help you narrow it down to being either a freak radio interference problem or a malfunction in the onboard electronics.

A.Delaney
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
It would be nice to know what happened. Im not so worried about the heli as much as I am about other people around me. Someone could have been hurt. I did everything I could to try to gain control and bring it down safely. It all happened so fast. I was probably only in the air a total of 30 seconds from take off.

BOB WHO?
04-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Have you tested all servos? Sometimes a servo that is about ready to fail moves without commands. What servos do you have on this Blade, the stock ones?

A.Delaney
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes its all stock. Whats the best way to test the servos?

mnwizard
04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Unplug the main and tail motors.

Disconnect all 3 servos from the swash plate.

Center the collective/throttle stick.

Switch on the Idle up.

All 3 servos should be centered. The servos should be silent with no twitching.

Touch each servo with a finger tip. Sometimes you can feel a vibration in the servo even if it's silent.

"Stir" the collective slowly through all 4 corners and watch for a servo that doesn't respond or that doesn't come back to center.

The servos should move smoothly with no jerks or twitching.

You could also try rebinding the Tx to the Rx. I've seen weird control inputs when the Tx looses the binding info during a batt change.

A.Delaney
05-16-2010, 03:17 PM
After my last crash at the gym I checked the servos thinking I had a bad one. No luck in finding any thing. So im out at the flying field yesterday flying in circles and side to side. I get through my first pack fine. I go for my second pack and take off. I bring it up into a hover about 20ft up and start heading forward. Next thing I know Its coming back at me on its way updside down and slams into the ground. Now I have flown at least 15 maybe 20 packs since the crash at the gym just fine. Although I did have a mild crash the day before when I landed kinda hard and the blade hit the boom. There was no visible damage but I put new blades on it a kept going. Im not sure whats going on here but I have had two crashes I cant explain so im going back after the servos again. This crash at the field broke alot of stuff. If it isnt the servos then I must have blacked out for a second and tried to go inverted with positive pitch then came to when it hit the ground.