Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What is causing the tail to do this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fTfXb7LM8E[/ame]

When it spools up the tail starts to wag to the left. It seems to be kind of a notchy type of wag. It seems to wag a few inches and then it quickly stops as you can see from the video. It does it with no rudder inputs. I have also noticed that as soon as I hit the throttle hold the tail blades stop immediately and the mains slowly spool down like normal. I made sure there is no twist in the belt. The gyro is a 401...not sure if it is a gyro problem or not.
ochants76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watching the video I can hear the tail fins" hunting" thats the "whap whap whap" sound and the jitter you see and hear. what cause's this is the gain on the gyro is too high. What kind of Tx do you have? You need to set the tail gyro up in rate mode 1st then HH. while your tail is hunting lower the gain setting in the Tx if your radio allows it.
Mr dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

is your gyro maybe reversed or something?
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would say something is reversed, the rate mode set is way off, or you have your gyro set up on the wrong channel which is easy to do.
makmov is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It could be a combination of both... a reversed gyro with too much gain. I'd also recommend that you check to make sure that your rudder ATV is at 100%. You'd also need to check your gain in your flight modes as well-- N, 1, 2.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have same exact issue with my 250 SE. I had originally JR 370 and now changed it to Quark. Same problem. Tail feels a little too sloppy when moving blades by hand. My Tx is X9303 and tail servo Ino-lab 201. Thanks.
vertualex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure your tail is going the right way. It's easy to get the belt on so the tail rotors are going backwards.

Make sure you have your Gyro on the right channel and you are programming the channel the gyro is on.

Make sure you have a good no trim rate mode tail.

Make sure the gyro is not reveresed.

Make sure you don't have too much gain in HH.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It does it no matter if it is in hh or rate mode and changing the % makes no difference. It corrects the right way when I move the heli left or right. Blades are spinning the right way also. I am using the correct channel for the gyro(light goes off when I switch to rate mode). Tx is aurora 9 and tail servo is inolab. It almost seems like it could be mechanical since changing the gain has no affect on it however if I spool up without blades it doesn't wag.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try taking off from the floor and not the wall. That might help!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was checking my channel assignments and in 9303 gyro is supposed to be on Aux2 but in my receiver (6110) it plugs into Gear. so gyro is controled by Aux2 not by gear channel. How can I remap it?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the same box you do the mapping in the model set up. trun your box off. press and hold down the roller and turn your radio on select the model. after that you will have the switch opt. put the gear on gear. set your travel for the gear on +24 and the off to -24 to start. mine runs +26 and it holds to even the hardest punches. but it will very from heli to heli. hope this helps.
450SE V2 NUE 1107/2/H/2.3, CC45apm esc,770 3D/3400g,65mg,V_Blades,4s 21ooma Hyperions
No_Gassers_Here is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireplug1111 View Post
Try taking off from the floor and not the wall. That might help!
hah I don't know why it looks that way on youtube. When I watch the video on my phone or quicktime it is the right way.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What is causing the tail to do this?

Do you have the weighted SE tail on it?
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertualex View Post
I was checking my channel assignments and in 9303 gyro is supposed to be on Aux2 but in my receiver (6110) it plugs into Gear. so gyro is controled by Aux2 not by gear channel. How can I remap it?
Just plug into AUX2 like it should be.

You can use gear... I think on that radio but it's just harder to set up because the lables are all different.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochants76 View Post
It does it no matter if it is in hh or rate mode and changing the % makes no difference. It corrects the right way when I move the heli left or right. Blades are spinning the right way also. I am using the correct channel for the gyro(light goes off when I switch to rate mode). Tx is aurora 9 and tail servo is inolab. It almost seems like it could be mechanical since changing the gain has no affect on it however if I spool up without blades it doesn't wag.

Seems like the gyro is reversed then, which is different than the servo direction.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by makmov View Post
Just plug into AUX2 like it should be.

You can use gear... I think on that radio but it's just harder to set up because the lables are all different.
he is running a 6 chan rx. I have mine set up throw the gear switch. old school. the x9303 will not let you use the gyro gain control on a 6 ch. so youhave to go old school dx6 style. the way finless showed us in back in the days.lol
450SE V2 NUE 1107/2/H/2.3, CC45apm esc,770 3D/3400g,65mg,V_Blades,4s 21ooma Hyperions
Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

when you set the heli up this way. with the x9303 the head holding starts at 0(or 50 on gain) so +24 would = =74 on hh and -23 would be -27. 50 being where hh starts and 0=50 hope this helps...
Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, that seems to be a problem. When using gear switch it goes to HH and rate mode but in Travel Adjust it is +100% and -100% so the gain is through the roof. I changed it to +24% and -24%. I will test it later on today but seems like a definite issue. Thanks for help guys. BTW there is some info on JR forum on how to set it up for different flight modes through mixing.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Gassers_Here View Post
he is running a 6 chan rx. I have mine set up throw the gear switch. old school. the x9303 will not let you use the gyro gain control on a 6 ch. so youhave to go old school dx6 style. the way finless showed us in back in the days.lol

Yes, my JR652 was like that also.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes you can use the gov. instead so it is controlable in all 6 flight mods but I find that with the little 250 I really don't know all the fancy setings. it's on rails now can't see changing it. also I have always trusted what I learned for finless. if it ain't broke fly it. If Bob (finless) has any changes he is doing now I wish for him to give me the heads up. but with this 250 I feel I have mine perfect. and seeing as Finless doesn't really care for the 250's( to small for his freaking huge hands.lol KJ) i think I am going to leave it the way it is.

Vert. please let me know when you test it and tell me if that fixed you up. also I got a few more tricks for the X9303 if your interested hit me up on the p.m. and I'll toss you up a few great tricks we can do with this TX. I love mine kinda digging the X11 now to. cant wait for that to hit my front door.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in