PDA

View Full Version : Mini Titan + Mini V Bar = Mini Tail Bounce

SpeedVision
05-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Soooo many Mini's, so little time.:YeaBaby:

Seriously, I've been battling a tail bounce on my Mini Titan for "years". Had it with a GY401 - was much better with a Logictech 2100T (almost perfect) and with the Mini-V, it's about the same as the GY401.

This bounce mainly occurs on nose left "hard" 90 degree piro's (1/4 turn). If I do full piro's the tail stops perfectly every time, both directions. I tried raising the common gain to 85, but I got a super wag before I got any typical fast wagging.

Increased/decreased acceleration - no real change.

Futaba 9650 on the tail
Carbon tail rod
Tail is a mix/match of stock, Microheli and Sonix, mostly all aluminum. Typical crappy 450 tail.
Currently have the Mikado foam tape.
Tried the black 3m foam tape which works perfectly on my Trex600E, no luck.
Vibes aren't perfect, but under control.
Tail holds fine otherwise.

Ever since I had a bad experience with a Gyrobot, I afraid to touch the I and P gains without a little motivation...:whip

Let me know what I might be able to do to make it better. Thanks!!

MrMel
05-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Start by removing the STOP GAIN under Rudder/Expert, I think its the Stopgain A but not sure so you can try both.

SpeedVision
05-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks, Captain!

I'll give it a try.

SpeedVision
05-22-2010, 05:03 PM
No, didn't help. I tried to lower in 5 point increments down to zero. Didn't really make a difference at all. Tried to reduce acceleration as well, no difference.

Hard to believe that the carbon tube for the tail control could be flexing. It's not supported, just a straight tube from rudder servo to tail control, but it's pretty stiff. Maybe??? I guess I'll try a stock Mini Titan tail control rod sometime in the near future.

MrMel
05-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Ok, I would suspect something mechanical then, but it's a tricky one since it can be anything from the servo to the tailblades so to speak.

miketyson986
01-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Hi members, i am new to the forum and hope to share my experience and will spend nice time with you.