PDA

View Full Version : Still a Rookie CP3 Pilot..but feelin better video

JettaManDan
05-24-2010, 08:14 AM
for some reason my CP3 still scares me..i have it trimmed well..it is doing whatever i ask..but i'm just not biting the bullet on bigger manuvers yet..maybe the 3 hour head rebuild after a crash got to me :shock: lol! But it is flying well...i can take my CB180D FP and do spins and big circuits and all kinds of stuff..but i'm just not there yet with my CP3...oh well..at least it is flying and not doing anything wierd..and my new video DV sunglases are giving me hands off video taping ability...so here is a short video from a flight this past weekend in my driveway...:smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmc1t6huONs

Dan

Luke Warmwater
05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Nice flying! Just a personal opinion....but I think it is time to ditch the training gear! :) You will get a much less "mushy" feel on the controls. The heli will react to those corrective inputs just a little quicker and give you more confidence in what you do.

The training gear only really helps to prevent tip-overs. You are obviously way past that stage. The bad news is, you will crash again....but the for the types of crashes you will have now, the training gear won't save you and in the meantime, could be holding you back.

Just a thought, and there is no right way or wrong, just what's best for you. You've got the drive to do it, I could see you wanted to take her away and bring her around...it's just a question of confidence in doing it!
:)

JettaManDan
05-24-2010, 10:28 AM
yeah i know it is time to take them off...but i'm not ready! lol! i'm all kinds of confident with my FP and will zip it into turns and all kinds of stuff....i'm just so anxious on this..my FP is tons more sensative..in all truth i like the mushyness on this for now..just to keep from gettin distracted and going full bore away from me!

thanks for the vote of confidence! few more flights and i'll say "what the hell" and do it..needed to keep it non-crashed for this wekeend coming up...my 9 year old cousin is coming to visit and want to show him it...he'll get a kick out of it...gonna let him fly my co-ax...

redman4264
05-24-2010, 10:30 AM
+1 with Luke, Nice and smooth. I would find a small field a little more open, maybe that will ease a bit of the tension.

Bugster
05-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Nice control JMD - you kept it in the vicinity :YeaBaby:

And the training gear - I reckon you'll know when it's time to chuck it and fly bareback ;)

JettaManDan
05-24-2010, 11:33 AM
redman...just my front yard i was flying in..i usually have 2 or 3 really big fields i fly in...but if i can master the tight spaces then when i get to the field i can do more for sure...:lol:

i'm workin up to it bugster..think i'm just lazy and trying to avoid another rebuild at all costs :arggg: :YeaBaby:

thanks for the encouragement guys... :thumbup:

Luke Warmwater
05-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Hehe...all true! Don't be rushed by us, do your own thing! :)

It is nerve racking for sure. I guess in the end you have to take that deep breath and go for it when you are ready. I did here that not taing the training gear off once you were more than capable, was like taking up bungy jumping as a hobby, standing on a tall bridge every weekend....but never actually jumping....lol

Or as one of the guys at my club said to a beginner who constantly skated around on the floor, but never actually parted company with the ground; "You will never fly it if you don't make it go up in the air!"

All easier said than done! Most of all, enjoy it; that's what a hobby is for!
:)

JettaManDan
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
yepper..true words bud! guess my issue is having a banzai pilot as a friend with a blade SR..he got his right before i got my CP3..and he went for it real quick..and has crashed so many times and spent so much $$ on rebuilds that it has made me less interested in going for broke on manuvers....too timid...hell i have parkjets that i fly and do all kinds of crazy stuff with...but at least those kinda stay up if you let go of the sticks for a sec lol!