PDA

View Full Version : align esc setup

Crashbash
05-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok my Mip drivers now arrived and now back to the setup, spent the night going through the screws with locktite, tidying up the wiring now comes the esc setup, had to reverse the throttle as it was off at full stick, now thats ok but im sick of hearing beeps, cant seem to get the hang of this, should know ive done it before, more beeps, beeps, beer time me thinks, leave it till tomorrow.

Rob-------------------------beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Ozz58
05-27-2010, 06:50 PM
If you are talking about the beeps after you plug in the battery after you programmed the ESC you can alway apply a little throttle for just a moment to make it stop beeping. I alway do this after I plug in my batteries at the field on ALL my Align's.

Craig

Crashbash
05-28-2010, 02:34 AM
Ok got some work to do and then back to the align esc setup/programming, read the instructions and seems easy but "all those beeps", by the time I have figured out where the set up is, it is halfway through the setup, only thing I managed to do was set up the throttle range ie turn on tx with throttle stick at full, then had to reverse this in the tx settings because was at full throttle at low stick position.
Any tips anyone in programming the stock 15amp esc
Rob

jamesb72
05-28-2010, 02:47 AM
The setup is pretty easy - before you fire up esc write the numbers 1-6 on the first (mode) column of instuctions grid tick off with pencil on the instructions which setting you want, then for each set of beeps just move the stick to that position and wait for beep count to change - simples.

Eg my settings for 250 were even simpler, low stick for 1 beeps, then mid stick for the rest - you can make a coffee while its running through this as you don't have to touch the stick after first set of beeps:
1 beep - low stick
2 beeps mid stick
3 beeps mid stick (I use cheap lipos)
4 beeps midstick
5 beeps mid stick
6 beeps midstick (BEC 5.5v)

Crashbash
05-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Thanks,
just found a link to a setup guide, I think where I was going wrong was throttle at high turn on tx etc then throttle stick to low for set up start, that bit was a little confusing with the align manual instructions, I will reset my tx settings to default and start again.

Thanks again
Rob

jamesb72
05-28-2010, 02:59 AM
You shouldn't have to touch the tx settings, and the esc instructions are pretty simple.

Pg 24 (SE manual)

Turn on tx, full throttle, plug in helicopter battery wait for setup mode sound and throttle high confirmation beeps, then low throttle wait for low throttle beeps, wait for 1 beeps to go through at low throttle, when 2 beeps start mid stick and wait for beeps to stop ?

Crashbash
05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks, must have done something wrong whilst trying to set up the esc as I had to reverse the throttle channel in the tx to get it to work as it was on full throttle at low stick, I will put back as normal setting and redo the setup

Rob

skinart76
05-28-2010, 01:21 PM
You will need to reverse the throttle if you're using Futaba transmitter. I had to do that to both my 250SE and the 450 Sport.

Crashbash
05-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Thanks for that, I am running Futaba and was just about to ask if throttle should be reversed, any way esc working ok now
Rob

skinart76
05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Cool, glad you have that sorted out. :thumbup:

jamesb72
05-29-2010, 04:55 AM
You shouldn't have to touch the tx settings,

Sorry - just wanted to apologise if this was confusing - I meant when you said 'I will reset my tx settings to default ' - that you shouldn't have to reset everything, but on Futaba Tx you do need throttle reversed.

Crashbash
05-29-2010, 01:49 PM
No problem, maybe I was vague on my default statement, I should have said to put the throttle setting back to normal instead of reverse because I could not get the esc to program, however it seems it should be reversed after all, dont know why it would not work the first time, oh well its ok now just trying to get the pitch set up ok then I can go try to bend it

Rob