PDA

View Full Version : How to run 2 ESC's on my CPP2??

madcaprym
06-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I dont know if anyone here can help me with this but Ill try to give the best description i can, ill try to put up pictures later, any help would be appreciated: I have an sr that i am trying to put back in the air, the problem is that the 2 in 1 only runs the main motor and not the tail, so I am using it as just an ESC, i bought another 5amp Esc fotr the tail but am having problems hooking(wiring it all togewther) it up. Here is what i did: I ran both esc's to the same battery, and ran both esc to the same RX, pluged the gyro wire from the main esc into the gyro, the problem is that the little 5amop esc doesnt have a wire to the gyro, only wires are to the battery and to the tail motor. I fired the heli up and the main motor works, but the tail motor mimics the main motor by reving up with the throttle, It needs to be connected to the gyro? right? do I have to buy another esc that I can hook up to the gyro? If so can someone show me an example or wiring diagram? Thank You

P.s. How do people convert their CPPro to the brushless motor? That would even help me out!

Bluerocktj
06-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Here's a sketch I did a while back for a dual brushless setup which is similar to what you're doing. Disconnect all tail functions from the main esc, including the the rudder inputs from the RX. Also dial the adjustment pot on the main esc so that all the power goes to the main motor since the main esc will not run the tail anymore. Connect the rudder channel from the RX to the gyro and then to the tail esc. You should be good to go after that.

Edit: When connecting from the gyro to the tail esc, cut or disconnect the red wire. Make sure to leave the black (ground) and orange (control) wires intact. The gyro will be receiving power from the RX so you don't need another power supply from the tail esc.

http://www.helifreak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=121197&d=1256259883

madcaprym
06-05-2010, 02:21 AM
thanks man! just what i needed!:noteworthy

John Shipley
06-06-2010, 08:53 AM
You also have to go through an arming sequence to get the tail esc to arm. On my dx 7, this is what I do. The tail esc will only arm if you are holding full left rudder. So, in TH, I put in full left rudder trim. To start up, I turn on the TX with TH off, this arms the main esc (make sure your stick is down) the main esc will arm, then you flip into TH and the tail motor esc will arm. Now when you flip out of TH, you are good to go. You will notice the tail motor will be running a little at this point, but that is ok. There are other ways to do this, but this is what works for me.
This may seem complex, but it is easy once you get the hang of it. The main esc arms first becasue it is supplying the power to the gyro and rx....remember you disconnected the power to the gyro from the tail esc in bluerocks above post. J

madcaprym
06-06-2010, 09:52 PM
thanks, do i have to re center the rudder after i take off the TH?

madcaprym
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
SO i just tried this settup and i did what I was instructed and wondered if I was to leave the rudder trim full left trim? And I had to add subtrim to the throttle because i automatically ran the motor? Thanks