PDA

View Full Version : Sooo, should I get one?

syn-
11-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Ok, so for the past few months (far too long) I've been looking to get a 90 sized bird. I've been flying small electircs and .50 size helis for about a year and a half now, but I'd like to have a show piece... something to give that "wow" affect. :) Looks aren't it though, I want something that can really perform as well. I would like for it to also be reasonable to build and repair (comprehensive instruction manual would be great). Not asking much eh? :P

Anyway, I was originally dead set on holding off for the Aurora, but after seeing a Synergy at Blacksheep I started to debate on going that route. At this point though, after the release date has been pushed back later and later on the Aurora, I'm taking a much more serious look at the Synergy (as well as others). I've got all the parts and pieces I need for the bird (minus muffler), so I can't stand just looking at the pile of parts anymore... I MUST get something. So what do you guys think of the N9? Does it live up to your expectations? How about the build... difficult or smooth sailing?

Thanks for info you guys can give.

-syn

syn-
11-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Oh also, have the issues with the soft metal on the start shaft and reports of slop in the tail been addressed by Synergy? I read on littlerotors.com that these were rather annoying issues.

-syn

00boto
11-15-2006, 02:59 PM
The Rockwell hardness of the start shaft is being raised, and the ball size problem has been addressed. I've had both of my machines since the beginning of July and have experienced zero issues. The start shaft was a little soft but you would only notice that if you crashed the machine and needed to take off the Hex adapter... performance is not affected by this. I've had to take my hex adapter off once and it wasn't that bad.
Overall, the kit builds very quickly and is one of the easier machines to repair after a crash. Most of all, the feeling of this machine is like nothing else!
Let me know if you need any help.

Sincerely,

Matt

syn-
11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Matt! You're flying at blacksheep is what got me looking at the machine in the first place. I've got to hand it to you man, that was some damn nice flying. Flying on the deck past the mini aircraft guys was priceless! :twisted:

I'm doing all the research on the bird I can... that will probably lead to me getting one in the near future. I'm sure I'll be bugging the fool out of you at the next fly-in if I do.

-syn

00boto
11-15-2006, 04:28 PM
All in good fun! We are always messing around with each other... like one big family! :glasses2:
Feel free to PM me with anything you need!

Thanks!

Matt

syn-
11-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Ok, so now the question has changed from should I get one to "where can I get one". These things are harder to come by than women at a star trek convention. Of the 5 US distributors listed on the synergy website only 1 shows the bird in stock, but after talking to those guys on the phone, I am surely not sending them $1k worth of business. Maybe I caught him on a bad day or something, but he sounded like he would just as soon shoot my dog as sell me that heli.

Anyone know of someone who has them in stock and is good to deal with?

syn-
11-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Woohoo! I got the last one zoomsheli.com had! Should be in by this coming Tuesday... looks like I'm going to be cutting Thanksgiving dinner short.

-syn