PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical and Electrical Failures

helidaho
06-23-2010, 11:28 PM
I've developed a love/hate relationship with my Gaui Quad. I love flying it but I hate all the failures I'm having with this thing.

I finally replaced the props when they got bent from the previous failure. It was flying like it was brand new then, pop... one of the new props broke in mid air. See the end of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwKkB_xtKvo

Here's my previous crash due to electrical connection failure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxN_ywrjq5c

Plans were to put a camera on this thing instead of just the keychain cam but I'm getting worried about reliability now :-(

potluck
06-24-2010, 12:04 PM
I've been following Gaui 330x threads on 3 forums including this one. I'm sorry to read you and others are experiencing so many problems as I think this machine can be an excellent camera platform. I was ready to order but I think I'll hold off for now.

I got into this hobby with the ultimate goal of aerial picture taking but I really need more assurances of reliability before I (1) put out the cash for the 330x and parts and (2) put a relatively expensive camera on the 330x only to have equipment failure. I can live with operator error but constant equipment problems would be a big and expensive issue.

I wish you and others the best in your endeavors with this quad. I really appreciate reading the informative threads.

helidaho
06-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I finally got the replacement parts in and got my quad back together and flying again. I was a little nervous about flying it so I stayed pretty close to the ground. But all went well and it flew just like new!

yakflyer
07-15-2010, 06:51 AM
I've been following Gaui 330x threads on 3 forums including this one. I'm sorry to read you and others are experiencing so many problems as I think this machine can be an excellent camera platform. I was ready to order but I think I'll hold off for now.

I got into this hobby with the ultimate goal of aerial picture taking but I really need more assurances of reliability before I (1) put out the cash for the 330x and parts and (2) put a relatively expensive camera on the 330x only to have equipment failure. I can live with operator error but constant equipment problems would be a big and expensive issue.

I wish you and others the best in your endeavors with this quad. I really appreciate reading the informative threads.

I have been flying mine about a week now with no unexpected failures. Very stable and dependable so far.
I have developed so much confidence in my 330x I have mounted an FPV camera system and flew it last night FPV. Wow, what an experience! My 330x did just fine.
I think like anything and everything, once you start mass producing there will be a certain % that does have failure/mishap. So keep the other opinions in miind with a grain of salt.

helidaho
09-20-2010, 11:26 PM
I should probably follow up this thread with a post mentioning that I haven't had any catastrophic mechanical or electrical failures since my initial prop failures and motor connection failure.

Pretty dependable and TOUGH little flying machine.

mpnchar
09-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Not sure if this has happened to many..but somehow suddently the quad dropped from the sky.. When I picked-up & checked it, found the motor mount had cracked & was about to break apart.. Attached some pics.. Please note the mount has cracked & just about to break..