PDA

View Full Version : hyperion 6010i duo charging a 6s issue

Diviner
07-03-2010, 10:29 AM
I am trying to charge a 6 cell battery for the first time on my hyperion 6010i duo. I plug the 2 balancing leads into the bottom row (one 4s and one 2s), and when I go to the balancing menu, it show 0 cells connected. When I plug the 4s balancing lead alone into the solo 4s balancing slot in the middle of the adapter, the balancing menu shows 3 cells and shows voltages, but not a fourth cell. :shock:

What gives? I have tried this with many different 6s from different brands and get the same result.

Charger options setup is 6s 22v 2500mah at 2.5a. I am charging in solo mode. I get the same result one either channel with different adapters. I am using the thunder power adapter.

TJinGuy
07-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Assuming you are using a 6s TP balance connector pack, it does have 2 connectors on it but not 2s and 4s. The first one is a 4-pin and connects to the first 3 cells. The second is a 6-pin and connects to the other 3 cells.

Anyhow you should just plug both in and be done. If you just plug the 4-pin in, do you see 3 cells?

Diviner
07-03-2010, 11:39 AM
I rechecked everything, and it was a bad adapter for only the bottom 6s on only one adapter. The other adapters and leads coming into them are testing and working fine.

My workaround was just a balancer conversion plug that came with an outrage 6s and just plug it into another type adapter.

Everything is good now.

I also was confused about the 2 leads on a 6s. I thought one was 2s and the other was 4s, but now I see that they are both 3s.

Thanks for the comments.

This community is just awesome. I don't know what I would have done without the build and gyros setup videos. And I love supporting the vendors who advertise here as this is my main source of information, above that of the hardware vendors and my lhs.