PDA

View Full Version : HEIM JOINT Chinese weights for the pro grips

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HEIM JOINT
07-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Chinese weights are now in stock for the 450 Pro weighted grips. These will give the same tuning as the original weights on stock grips.

PM me for purchase info.

E-fanatic
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
What is it, if you dont mind me asking?

HEIM JOINT
07-22-2010, 07:10 AM
What is it, if you dont mind me asking?

They are custom tail blade bolts and nuts that are designed to reduce the tail rotor pushrod force to an optimum level to reduce the strain on your tail servo.

I make them for all T-rex helis and others. The Align weighted tail grips on the 250 and 450 models also reduce the pushrod force but not to the optimum levels so I have weights designed for them also.

you can see the concept and how they are designed and tested on this T500 video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiW7McBiN5s

CoolKD
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow, great test. Nice to see some actual numbers to paint a clear picture of whats going on with and without weights. Wery nice man:thumbup:

Rishelman
08-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Very cool!! Thanks for taking the time to do your little "experiment". Now, where can I get some weights for my 450 clone??

Rishelman

newflyguy1
08-22-2010, 10:42 PM
i sent you a pm and just wanted to follow up to see if you have a set of your chinese wieghts available for me to purchase. i would like 1 or 2 sets for my 450 se v2 tail grips. i also pasted a few links, in my pm, to describe the grips that i have so we can both be sure that i get the correct ones that i would need.

thanks for your time,

newflyguy1

momo2008
08-30-2010, 02:05 PM
how much are these things? would like to get one.

dude7422
09-02-2010, 09:27 AM
how much are these things? would like to get one.

he quote me 16.00 plus 4 .00 shippping i could buy 2 complete pro tails that come factory with the chi weight mod cast into the part for that price HEIM dont be to peved at china for taking your idea and running away with it thats what they do

Inverse
09-02-2010, 09:34 AM
If your weights are as professionally put together as your T250 tail preload kits, I'll recommend you to anybody.

HEIM JOINT
09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
he quote me 16.00 plus 4 .00 shippping i could buy 2 complete pro tails that come factory with the chi weight mod cast into the part for that price HEIM dont be to peved at china for taking your idea and running away with it thats what they do

I am not peved :). It is not my idea to begin with. I learned about the whole topic on HF to begin with. All I did was design and test weights to give the optimum reduction in tennis raquet effect that you could just use as a blade bolt and nut. What I have heard is that the stock tail blade grips with my original weights performed better than the new weighted grips by themselves. So as a service to my fellow HF members I designed a weight for the pro/sport tail that gives the same tuning as the original setup. If the weighted grips were so good why do they still need a chinese weight that is about 90% the weight of the original:shock:?

As for price I machine most of these on a manual machine in small batches(20-60 sets). Not a screw machine in china. Yes these could be a lot cheaper if I had 10000 run on a screw machine. But since I only sell few hundred a year that wouldnt be a great idea.
Most guys are greatfull that I bother to make them at all.

HJ

HEIM JOINT
09-02-2010, 12:38 PM
If your weights are as professionally put together as your T250 tail preload kits, I'll recommend you to anybody.

Thanks for your support.

Inverse
09-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey, it does what it says on the tin, if it were crap I'd tell you that too :)

SAR1
09-09-2010, 12:30 PM
They are custom tail blade bolts and nuts that are designed to reduce the tail rotor pushrod force to an optimum level to reduce the strain on your tail servo.

I make them for all T-rex helis and others.

Where can I find a complete listing of the "others" that you make these for?

HEIM JOINT
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Where can I find a complete listing of the "others" that you make these for?

Trex 250 non weighted grips
Trex 250 weighted grips
Trex 450 SA
Trex 450SEV2
Trex 450 Pro or Sport weighted grips
Minititan 325
Trex 500 STOCK PLASTIC
Trex 500 KASAMA
Trex 500 ALIGN METAL
Trex 600 STOCK PLASTIC
Trex 600 KASAMA
Trex 600 QUICK UK
Trex 600 ALIGN METAL
Trex 700 STOCK PLASTIC
Trex 700 KASAMA
Trex 700 QUICK UK
Trex 700 ALIGN METAL
Vibe 50 STOCK PLASTIC
Vibe 90 STOCK PLASTIC
BEAM E4
GAUI 200 V1 & V2 (OUT OF STOCK)
T250 PRELOAD SPACER SET

Inverse
09-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Can we come up with a solution to the play in the pitch slider? It's the only place I have significant play left?

HEIM JOINT
09-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Can we come up with a solution to the play in the pitch slider? It's the only place I have significant play left?

Unscrew the slide shaft from the "T" arm of the pitch slider. (be carefull it is easy to crush the flatted end of the slide shaft). Remove one of the bearings from the bearing holder. take out the washer that is between the bearings. Sand the washer thickness down. Take about .005" off. Make sure you keep it parallel as you sand it. clean the parts and reassemble. Put some low strength thread lock inside the "T" arm threads.
As you tighten the slide shaft into the "T"arm feel for the axial play in the bearing assembly and carefully aproach the point of zero play. If you go too far the bearings will feel crunchy andyou need to back off a little. If the slide shaft gets tight and you still have some play then take some more off the washer. You can eliminate the washer but then you are totaly relying on the thread lock to maintain the preload setting.

Hope that helps. HJ

Inverse
09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how I go.

lb4131
09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
HJ, Can you send me a PM with what is included, cost and shipping info? Looks like I can't send you a PM yet. Thanks.

lb4131
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
looks like I left out the type I need... Sorry Align 250 with the standard grip non-weighted grip

lb4131
09-23-2010, 12:08 PM
HJ, HF won't let me reply to your PM until I get a 3rd post in. I'll try to reply after this one.

HEIM JOINT
09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how I go.

How did it go?

Inverse
09-24-2010, 10:23 PM
It was so tight in there I ended up making the bore oval. Much like you said and in your video :(

HEIM JOINT
09-25-2010, 10:14 AM
It was so tight in there I ended up making the bore oval. Much like you said and in your video :(

If you try it again put a tail shaft in the slide shaft while you are loosening or tightening it. That will keep it from completely crushing the wrench flat end. If the slide shaft is tight on the tail shaft after that, roll a small piece of 320 or 400 silicon carbide sand paper into a slightly tapered cylinder where the small end will just fit into the wrench flat end of the slide shaft. twist the sand paper in the bore removing a small amount of material untill you get it to slide freely again.

Luvmyhelis
09-30-2010, 05:29 PM
This is great work! I have spent my time in machine shops and appreciate what you have done here! I am running a Sonix B400 tail on my frankenhili and have 5 differant combinations of CF blades that I can run, so the question is which one of your chinese weights will work for me. And being the bargain hunter that I am is there any discount for a couple of sets. LOL. If this works I will link this into the Eflite section and post you up there as most of the guys are running aftermarket tail assemblies that I am talking to. Thanks Bro!

HEIM JOINT
10-01-2010, 07:10 AM
This is great work! I have spent my time in machine shops and appreciate what you have done here! I am running a Sonix B400 tail on my frankenhili and have 5 differant combinations of CF blades that I can run, so the question is which one of your chinese weights will work for me. And being the bargain hunter that I am is there any discount for a couple of sets. LOL. If this works I will link this into the Eflite section and post you up there as most of the guys are running aftermarket tail assemblies that I am talking to. Thanks Bro!

If the tail blade bolt is 2mm my Trex450 SEV2 weights will probably work. I will PM you the purchase info.