PDA

View Full Version : 250se or 450clone for beginner

shaling
07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi. I just can't seem to make up my mind. I have a blade msr and the phoenix flight sim. I want to get a CP heli which I can take abroad with me while I study. So practically a 250 size is great. I am inexperienced and the phoenix flight sim of the trex250 has scared me as I just lose control trying to maintain a simple hover. When I'm abroad I will have ample indoor and outdoor opportunity to do whatever I want pretty much every day, so I can take it slow indoors at first. I have a couple of questions.

Does the training set on the trex250 make is much more stable? Enough for a beginner on CP?

Would a CopterX450SE v2 be better all round? The price of this will be the same as the trex250se I think, but the trex450 is definitely out of my budget.

Am I likely to crash the 450 less than the 250?

How realistic is the phoenix flight sim of the trex 250 stability?

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to getting one of these. Shailen.

dbennettya
07-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I think the 250se would be great for you. I started with a CX-2 coaxial and then went with a Walkera 4G3 CP heli and it was a long and hard learning curve but worked out. So I went with a 250se super combo and was a little unsure before the maiden from what I'd read online about the 250 being twitchy. Well after flying a 4G3 & 4G6 the 250se is a very rock stable great heli that does what you tell it to do. Don't get me wrong as it is a very responsive heli and quick on the cyclics but a very nice flyer. Read some of the info about calming it down and start there.

If you have the room for a 450 it will be much more stable and a little easier to fly. I wish in retrospect that I would have went with the 250se as my first CP heli. So your off to a good start.

YMMV, Don

Hi. I just can't seem to make up my mind. I have a blade msr and the phoenix flight sim. I want to get a CP heli which I can take abroad with me while I study. So practically a 250 size is great. I am inexperienced and the phoenix flight sim of the trex250 has scared me as I just lose control trying to maintain a simple hover. When I'm abroad I will have ample indoor and outdoor opportunity to do whatever I want pretty much every day, so I can take it slow indoors at first. I have a couple of questions.

Does the training set on the trex250 make is much more stable? Enough for a beginner on CP?

Would a CopterX450SE v2 be better all round? The price of this will be the same as the trex250se I think, but the trex450 is definitely out of my budget.

Am I likely to crash the 450 less than the 250?

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to getting one of these. Shailen.

exit44rc
07-18-2010, 05:26 PM

On Phoenix the heli is less stable than the real heli in hover. It is more stable than the real heli in flips and rolls.

Thunder Fighter
07-19-2010, 06:26 AM
I got my 250se for our indoor meetings and haven't used my Dragonus 450 much since. But I did take both last night to our meeting and flew them back to back. The 450 is much more stable and easier to fly, not that the 250 is bad, it just is smaller, a little twitchier, drops a bit more during turns and accelerates much faster.

The 450 will be a better size to learn on than the 250, I can't comment on the various clone 450's as I don't have any experience with them but if you are looking at super combo kit for the 250 keep in mind you will probably need to budget for a better tail servo than the stock one, although some people get it to work ok.

//Dennis.