PDA

View Full Version : Vibration level on a Nitro heli

BSDbamse
08-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi

I have just update to vbar V5P
When I read the log there is a lot of hi vibrations messages. But i cant find any problems on the helicopter. So is this just because it is a nitro heli and the vibration monitor is calibrated for a electrical helicopter. ?

if this is the case is the solution just to mount the sensor on some thing that dampens the vibrations ? Or do I need to find a way to bring down the vibrations on my nitro helicopter.

Another problem i have bin thinking about is that it seems to switch antenna a lot, when i see to some of the log file posted on this forum i don't see all this antenna switching. is this because the log file posted so fare is fro the vbar version without the satelite reciver ? Or is there something wrong whit my reciver or transmitter ?

Hope some one have an clue.

David

MrMel
08-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Yes, on a nitro you will get a higher "baseline" of vibrations for sure, I have not tested nitro in a while myself.

Best way for nitros seems to be spartan sandwich method, but if the heli fly fine, locked in (not slippery) I wouldn't care until an opportunity raise to do so anyway.

Are you using satellites? If so it has lost signal on one and go over to the other, it should not happen to often as far as I know, please post a copy of the log.

BSDbamse
08-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Here is the log file from my Trex 600N. The last to short records is very strange becurse i had the wrong model loaded i my radio when i pulled the log from the bird. But the oldest records is from the helicopter flying. The you see a lot of these antenna switching and the high vibration level.

And yes my vbar is the type whit the spectrum satelite connecte directly. hope someone have an idea ore just some similar experience.

David.

MrMel
08-09-2010, 09:27 AM
I wouldnt worry about those vibration levels, I have more on my electric 90's with straight cut gear.

I going to check on the antenna switching though, will report back.

MrMel
08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Bad RX or cable, OR bad antenna in the TX

Check if you switch the satellites if it goes away, else get a spare tx antenna.

SpeedVision
08-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Vibration levels look great compared to my nitro. I have a serious problem with vibes that I can't get to the root cause of (fuel foaming = bad) and the log showed extreme vibrations a whole bunch. That and it flew like a chicken on crack... Hahaha.

Anyway, I did get the antenna switch message 4-5 times in a 20 page log. Would that be considered "normal"? Or is any antenna switch bad?

MrMel
08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I think 1 switch or so per flight is no issue, so in your case I would not worry about it.

SpeedVision
08-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Great. Thanks. Bottom line - 5.0 gives us very useful data that can/should be monitored.

BSDbamse
08-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi Mrmel

Thaks for all the help, so fare. But how do you know that the antenna only have to switch once pr flight, is that what your logs normaly show ?
If you look closly on my log you well see that even when i have the heli standing on the bench and the Tx right beside it, it shift the antenna some time now and then.

David.

MrMel
08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
No, I'm not saying it should switch once per flight, I'm saying once per flight is ok, if more I would start to monitor it.

Heli lose on the bench is one thing, 2.4 has very poor connection when the TX is close to the RX.

BSDbamse
08-09-2010, 04:41 PM
MRmell

Thanks for the help, I well look closer into my problem and report back, i have a few spare satelites i well try them, and tomorow one of the other pilots in my town has his V5P ready and then I have some logs to compare my logs against.

But i have for some time had i tiny feeling that my Tx had a fault i will do some testing with difference TX.

Thanks David.

ianthebrave
08-10-2010, 06:48 PM
hi mr mel, can you tellme how to clear the log file?
im flying a velocity and using spartan pads/plate and still have a lot of severe vibration warnings....

BenHeli
08-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Here is Fredrick reply to my similar question regarding deleting/clearing the log file:

"Log is rolling, so it clears itself, always saving 2000 entries."

Btw, my Velo50 is awaiting a new pipe. The Velo50 has vibration problem to start with. The tail control rod banging against the rod guides used to drive me crazy. I'm running CF rod with custom made rod guide. How much vibration after a rebuilt, I'll find out when I get the pipe.