PDA

View Full Version : Flew the 120 today

SgtSmackaho
08-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Well sord of, the guy at the LHS would demo it for us but strictly HANDS OFF...
First impression = cheap, and not cheap in the good way, maybe I'm to critical but it just looked and felt CHEAP.
It could be because I'm used to the way this mSR zips around my living room but this bigger bird did look more stable, but slugish and boring.
I did score a sweet promo item to hang up, its sort of transparent and is made to hang on the shelf, It has an almost 3d look...
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2374/imag0037w.th.jpg (http://img267.imageshack.us/i/imag0037w.jpg/)

streetspec1
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Thatīs what i thought about it too. At least a brushless conversion will be easy to do on that bird... lol...

Is it still not available in the US? It is already on sale here in Germany.

Mojappa
08-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Honestly if you're looking for a quick FP that's a little bigger the Walkera 4#6/ Novus 125FP looks fast from the vids on YouTube of them. It's a TT tail and in stock form isn't the most resiliant in crashes, but with some simple mods it can be basically crashproofed. The Novus is $200 RTF, not sure of the Walkera's price. Or you could look at the Esky Honey Bee FP V2 for $100 RTF. I hear it handles crashes well and isn't self stabilizing like the MSR. It has a bunch of mods and upgrades that can be done to convert it to a Super FP as they call it. Actually none of these are coax like, they have a 90° flybar. These don't work with DSM2 Tx's but are still 2.4ghz systems, the walkera Tx's aren't too bad and the 2801pro is a good Tx that a lot of people use for their whole fleet. I wish they had a micro CP that I could bind to my Dx6i but so far it's not promising.Motored tails, ughhh. I would imagine that The same mods can be done to this to make it less stable and more fun but in the end it's still a 45° flybar.

Bob O
08-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Moved from the mSR forum.

SgtSmackaho
08-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Moved from the mSR forum.

Gee thanks cause if I wanted to tell my friends in the mSR forum about my experience with the 120 they never would have found it here
RIGHT ON
/[sarcasm]

lazor 22
08-13-2010, 11:49 PM
They have a dedicated forum now so you gotta deal with it :/ Felt the same way when my SR thread got moved to a 250 forum lol. It was about converting it to a 250, but still it was aimed at SR pilots.

crashmore
08-15-2010, 02:52 AM
The forum police demand thread purity.