PDA

View Full Version : clicking noise

rapala
08-16-2010, 03:54 PM
anyone figure out the clicking noise yet? I hear it in all the videos.

Heli Bones
08-16-2010, 04:41 PM
How about the ones people are buying?
I have one and it is quiet,was from the get go,i have 15 packs through it with no trouble.

Heli Bones
08-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Are these videos that you hear the clicking in all the same guy,or is there more than one video of different people,different 120 sr's that are clicking.
Mabey it's some plastic flashing left over and not trimed from the molding that is causeing clicking somwhere.

Wattman
08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I can just sometimes hear the clicking noise on mine , but not always .

But then from testing , I have moderately severe hearing loss , :o

Heli Bones
08-16-2010, 10:34 PM
The clicking is probably because the main blades are comming in contact with the tail blades.I have read that on another site and when i checked mine they sure do touch!
Put the tail rotor with one blade toward the mainshaft in the 11:00 position and bend down the main blade at the same time.They touch.

CocoSantango
08-16-2010, 11:37 PM
The clicking is probably because the main blades are comming in contact with the tail blades.I have read that on another site and when i checked mine they sure do touch!
Put the tail rotor with one blade toward the mainshaft in the 11:00 position and bend down the main blade at the same time.They touch.

I'm surprised this got past the design team... Not that surprised I guess...

CurseO' TheFLYbar
08-17-2010, 02:42 AM

Didn't even notice this until i read your post. :thinking
I used an entire battery trying to figure this out.. almost sounds like the clicking is coming from the 5in1 but i don't know how that would be.. i'm stumped.

CrazyHeliDude
08-17-2010, 07:28 AM
anyone figure out the clicking noise yet? I hear it in all the videos.

Do you have your blades tightened down just enough that they can easily move but aren't allowed to completely free flap?

Heli Bones
08-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Some stiffer dampers will also help stop blade flapping.

habendanio
12-19-2010, 02:41 AM
I've noticed the clicking coming from the main gear and motor. But hear it more when I'm trying to fly heavy with a camera.

RoundWing
12-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Mine has it. Sounds like a sewing machine. I doesn't bother me at all, in fact I sort of like it.

I can't find any direct obvious source. It appears to be too slow to be directly related to head speed or any rubbing of parts, more like secondary harmonics created in machinery when two fast moving parts are slightly out of sync with each other making it difficult to pin point a single source.

Helisun
12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I have two 120 sr's. The first one has no clicking noise. But the second one does. I compared the two side by side and they look exactly the same. I bought both of them brand new. I spent hours looking for the source of the noise with no luck. I thought it was defective at first but they both fly great. Just have to live with it.

kushflyer
12-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I started a thread asking the same question a good while back. For me, the problem was fixed by wrapping a ziptie snugly around the main frame (b/w the main shaft and the 5-in-1) and the motor. This helps keep the motor from vibrating against the brace that spaces it from the frame. I spent a week trying to figure it out, this dampens the noise the best. However, the clicking is typical of the motor itself. This method is just the best way to dampen the noise, you wont eliminate it completely.

:smokin:

General38
12-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Mine developed a clicking noise and I discovered it was a tiny grain of gunk in the main cog. Even the tiniest bit of gunk in the main cog or servo gears will cause noise. I cleaned mine by using a scalpel and then the clicking noise disappeared.