PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

shaun.kendall
12-12-2006, 07:04 AM
I know this should be in the pitch setting thread, but I am hoping this being a new thread will get more people to look it over and offer advice. Basically, I have messed up my Cal5. I adjusted the pitch rods to bring the pitch to mechanical zero. I then set my pitch for -2 at bottom, zero at midpoint and 8 at top. I also adjusted mu engine before attempting to hover and fly some more. Now I can barely get into a hover, let alone try any forward flight. I do not hover until the throttle and pitch is almost at the top of the movement range for the stick. The engine is screaming now before it lifts off. This is the highest it has run since I started.
What did I do wrong? Is the throttle range not enough? Did I mess up the engine? Do I need to undo everything I have done? If so, how do I go about attaining a full pitch range later for when I want to try some auto rotations? It flew before however, I usually hovered around mid stick. From what I have read, this is not correct. I have looked all through the manual and do not see anywhere how to set the pitch. All I can find is the suggested settings for hover and normal flight. I hope I can find some help. I do not know anyone in Okinawa who flies helicopters. :arggg:

Laurens
12-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Sounds like either your throttle curve has his hover point to high or your engine is too lean.

Start with lowering your throttle curve around hover point and richen the engine some.

shaun.kendall
12-17-2006, 05:30 AM
Thnak you for the advice. My heli is flying grat now. Along with having the pitch set up correctly as per the advice from the other thread. :glasses2: