PDA

View Full Version : Beware Possible Scammer alert.

currera501
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Hello all I just want to let people here know that there might be a scammer here on the Freak. The user name is Hobbyist I was getting ready to buy some servos from him and some one else mention that he was real new to the Freak like join date is 09/2010 and he lived in Singapore .But he came back with a reply about having an account on Run Ryder, so I went there to look it up and found it. Also very new member, no confirmed e-mail address, and there he lived in Australia. So if I am wrong I will apologize to him but my gut tells me other wise.And if some one knows him or about him please let me know so I can go crawl under a small rock lol. but no I will make good on whit I said I will make a Freak wide apology. Mike :confused:

hobbyist
09-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Hello all I just want to let people here know that there might be a scammer here on the Freak. The user name is Hobbyist I was getting ready to buy some servos from him and some one else mention that he was real new to the Freak like join date is 09/2010 and he lived in Singapore .But he came back with a reply about having an account on Run Ryder, so I went there to look it up and found it. Also very new member, no confirmed e-mail address, and there he lived in Australia. So if I am wrong I will apologize to him but my gut tells me other wise.And if some one knows him or about him please let me know so I can go crawl under a small rock lol. but no I will make good on whit I said I will make a Freak wide apology. Mike :confused:

Hey i just want to explain myself, firstly..i am not new to helifreak, secondly my previous account is bluefang, and thirdly u said u wanted to buy servos from me but later explained that u found JR servos instead.."
http://www.helifreak.com/images/icons/icon1.gif servos
" No I am going to pass for now I have seen some JR 8717 for sale and may be looking at them. Sorry."

Believe me or not, and you only pmed me after i asked whether u are still interested, felt like u were stalling time .. and instead u posted here without even finding the truth, i feel so wrongly accused..are u here to ruin my reputation ? What's your purpose of doing this? my other runryder account is bluefang, please check it up and yes i'm still a new heliman there..im seriously trying to build up my rep and feedback and so far there havent been any negative feedback so please dont ruin my image, i deal honestly and i'm not the type to scam anyone, so please Helifreak moderator could u please remove this post, thanks!

FLThreeFiveZero
09-12-2010, 11:33 AM
BlueFang hasn't been around very long either!

Could you please explain to us how come you have multiple accounts here with different names???????????????

You see That is a classic SCAMMER trick. that way they can keep scamming people if one of their accounts gets banned.:thumbdown:

It is also, I am sure, against the rules on every forum Ive ever been on and is enough to get you banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you are still using both accounts......last use on hobbyist was this AM and last use on bluefang was on the 2nd.

Maybe you got a new account because you were outed as a spammer as bluefang and your thread was closed by Mike (towpilot) here.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=238819

How many other accounts do you have?

and weren't you banned on RR?

And every one of your posts....from both accounts......are only in the For Sale section...........Not a single post anywhere else in HF........You see a REAL member of the HF community typically is active to some degree in the discussion forums......not just in the for sale section (there are a few exceptions...but not many). This fact also will put you in the spotlight because it looks suspicious.

If you are trying to honestly build your rep.............This aint the way to do it.

currera501
09-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I am not hiding on this, Yes I said that I was interested in them. And then another member thought something looked fishy and I just started to look into it and then you said you also had an account on Run Ryder, but you did not say a what name it was under. So I looked up your user id and it threw up a lot of red flags. Like you live in Singapore here on this forum, and on RR you live in Australia. So again fishy. Like I said in the beginning post I f I am wrong I will apologize, No problems. But I can not afford to lose any money right now. I am unemployed right now and only get my unemployment checks once a week which isn't very much plus my savings is starting to dwindle, and it is hard to pay bills and afford my hobby at the same time. So as you can see why I am so leary about what I buy (new vs used) . So you see why I have to be careful. Mike

kdenn0181
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM
do not buy anything from anyone out of the country!!

currera501
09-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Never. I have been doing some homework on this thread, to find out if there is something going on. So far I checked out his user id BlueFang that he said Heli Freak closed down do to what he said was spamming. Well I checked out all his post and there where 40 of them all in the classified, trying to sell a whole lot of T Rex Helis, and I think one Logo. And under Hobbyist the same Items. According to all of the post under both user ids he did not sell a thing. I read quite a few and just about every one felt the same way as me something fishy here. But I hope I am wrong. I find it hard to believe that someone could be like that. Mike

Bob O
09-13-2010, 05:06 AM
bluefang was in fact banned. His clone account "hobbyist" has since been banned and the For Sale threads removed. Thank you.