PDA

View Full Version : Blade CP Pro 2 & Plasti-Blade

courtney2018
09-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi all!
I went up to my hobby store and bought a new set of blades ([url=http://www.jcshobbies.com/products_blade.html]Plasti-Blades[/url) and thought I'd try them out since they claim to be crash resistant. Has anyone ever used them? I did on search on here and returned one thread, but it tured into replacing the boom and not much about the plasti-blade.

Personally, I really like them. I wasn't sure about their claim, but after 4 nose dives this evening I can account for them being crash resistant. The wind is blowing like crazy out there today. It's around 15 mph steady at the moment.

I was out there doing some lazy 8s and trying to pratice some on the nose in controls. The wind would snatch it, I wasn't able to correct it correctly and fast enough, and down it went...a few times. Everything checked out fine (except for the canopy), including the blades. The canopy is being glued back together with super glue and clear tape. :lol:

I bought the bright yellow ones.

On a side note, has anyone ever gotten their CP Pro all lit up with lights? I'd think I'd like to do that. Maybe even put a small digital cam on there.

JFandL
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Im not a real fan of that type blade. They are tuff blades but I find lift lacking. Your also going to replace alot of booms flying them. Good Luck and Glad you like them.

courtney2018
09-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Tell me about it. I just busted a boom yesterday.

madcaprym
09-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I use them to practice some loops and more comp maneuvers . I like them but they do tend to get cut on the leading edge, solution is to file the edge down with file, rebalance of course, I'm on my 3rd pair. I like them with a 10 tooth pinion. I personally like the cp woodie but onecrash and they're busted!

courtney2018
09-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Exactly, and the plastic ones seem like the bust the tail boom alot. I'm considering putting some thin dense foam to protect against blade strikes even if it off balances the bird a bit. I can adjust for that and it would save me from replacing the boom frequently.

Off topic, I can't wait for tomorrow. My Spektrum DX8 arrives in the mail! :D

madcaprym
09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
If your having boom strikes, get better dampers! That cleared my issues along with 6 shims on each side. +1 on the dx8, lucky ! I wish I was rich lol.