PDA

View Full Version : BELT CP-X

everest_4
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Any reviews yet on the new esky belt cpx? I am tempted to get this. Any opinions ?

3sgte
10-11-2010, 08:56 PM
im interested in this new heli also but have heard nothing about it yet? anyone have any experience with it yet?

Suburban92
10-20-2010, 11:27 PM
my first post... I have the orange CPX and LOVE it very stable, flys direct from box,

lil background.. i have a mcx. msr BSR and now BELT CPX

when I first spooled it up I noticed the ESC comes in HARSH (not soft starting) also the blade tracking slightly off but NOT BAD zero vibration/wobbles.. i will say that out of the box, my heli needed trimming to the right ( spinning left) so i need to move servo to correct this, there also is adjustment on the servo rod, (turnbuckle style)

battery lasts 5-6 minutes (mostly hovering) easily
charger charges in 2.5 hrs (roughly.. Blade SR charger same time)
comes with ODD esc battery plug (i purchased 5 blue lipos and switched pplugs to 4mm banana plugs (TONIGHT matter of fact)

BAD THINGS..
Battery & ESC gets warm... read hot NOT SCALDING though
please not, this is durning hovering with high head speed and blades not perfectly tracked and pitch NOT verified..
Main gear is SOFT I have ZERO crashes or anything and it shows signs of wear (NOT SOFT STARTING ESC does not help

all in all HIGHLY reccomend this heli its great for a novice.. begineer like myself..BLADE SR does NOT fly as good as this CPX

ATCT
10-22-2010, 11:46 AM
are tracking problems common in entry level RTF 6ch helos? i'm also looking at getting this helo.

Luke Warmwater
10-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Blades needing to be adjusted so that they track properly is an issue in every RC heli. I understand from what was written there, that the blades ahd not been adjusted rather than they wouldn't track.

Of course, the more expensive kits are normally higher quality and therefore the heads may track more consistently than cheaper ones....but I'm not sure that tracking is a problem as such.

Suburban92
10-23-2010, 08:22 PM
I simply did not track the blades yet.. they are Very close.

the main gear stripped completly today when i went into idle up mode (blade 400 gear going in....)

for $179 its a good buy..

the tail holds pretty good.. with very little trim needed out of the box..

Suburban92
10-23-2010, 10:01 PM
B400 main gear is highly reccomended the stock unit in my heli has some out of roundness and flatness issues,

I should have checked that.. and the mesh

ATCT
10-25-2010, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=Suburban92;2419044
for $179 its a good buy.. [/QUOTE]

that's true, i'm pulling the trigger on this helo and i'm looking for a better esc to replace the stock with.

Suburban92
10-25-2010, 07:49 PM
buy better battery.. the ESC does not get hot with a better battery..

also go ahead and swap the main gear.

fredlef
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Looks like I stripped a servo on the last crash. All back together except that so new servo on the way. What do you recommend for different landing gear? I did put in the B400 main gear.

Thanks,
Fred

Suburban92
10-28-2010, 01:24 AM
you may be able to take servo apart and spin gear so that stripped side is away from the "part thats being used..."

fredlef
10-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah watching Finless Bob video now on servo repair - thanks!

Fred