PDA

View Full Version : Post your sim and skill videos here!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

pitchp
01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Pitch, my one and only CP heli (as you know) is a t-rex 250. I feel no urge to get bigger, except problems with gusty wind 355 days a year in the UK which makes flying a 250 constant fight/masochism (that's why I'll get a 50 size soon).

I think getting the basics down on 250 is even more important than on a big one which just hangs in the air.. and you can scratch your head before every stick movement ;)

btw: 250 on the sim isn't very realistic, it drifts like crazy while real one doesn't (mine at least)
p.s. I didn't hit the ground yet :)!

i just missed this. this is exactly what I mean :D

pitchp
01-26-2011, 05:28 PM
What is this ep200 flight that youre talking about?

Custom 250s

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/pitchp250/DSC01684.jpg

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/pitchp250/DSC01683.jpg

Gaui EP200

http://www.symodel.com.tw/aiken/ezcatfiles/symodel/img/pictures/9/9203910_S_203910.jpg

Bert K's epic ep200(custom EP200) video, which everyone has talked about, no one has ever come close in flying a 200 sized heli the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuNuUgFrY-k

There is one video of a 250(custom 250), that almost comes close to it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F0DAFj8js&feature=player_embedded

And Bert never really put the 250 to the same abuse as his ep200. And everyone knows this. Which makes one wonder...

RĒzĒ
01-26-2011, 07:59 PM
It's just like Raza, has been preaching all along. you can practice as much as you want, be good as much as you want. One way or another your 250 will hit the ground. It's just not like the bigger birds. That is why the pros, and Raza, stays right away from the micro helis. It's really a different ball game.

Do you even know me? Do I know you? What the hell are you talking about? When did I ever PREACH about not flying 250's? The only thing I've "preached" to you is your flying style and lack of discipline and how YOU will be doing more crashing than flying (regardless of the heli you're flying). Was more an effort to help you than chastise, but hey if you want to push it in that direction so be it. Not sure how you infer that to my flying style or heli preferences. I happen to own a 250, not that this is relevant to any of my previous posts...

To conclude this. I have seen it happen soooo many times. Pilots, who have been flying for years, take on the micro helis, only to sell them later on, because it's just not the same. And to finalise it.That explains the reason to why Bert, Bobby watts, and some of the other pros, dont like the mico helis, the micros don't fly like the big birds. Just ask them how many times they have the crashed the micro helis. :D

Not often. Never seen Bert, Bobby, Craig, Mike, or any of the pros I know crash one... It's not a different world, you just seem to see it that way for some reason. None of what I have ever said to you in the past has had anything to do with flying micro sized helis period.

RĒzĒ
01-26-2011, 08:36 PM
And Bert never really put the 250 to the same abuse as his ep200. And everyone knows this. Which makes one wonder...

You really need to stop talking for and about people you don't know especially when you have no idea what you are talking about. There is nothing epic about Bert's gaui flight above. It's actually fairly tame. He'll be the first to admit that. Yes I can speak for him, because yes I've actually talked to him personally about that very video. I was around when he made it.

I'm not sure exactly why, but you're trying to completely derail this thread into some kind of 250's are awesome tangent. It's like you're trying to portray yourself as some kind of rebel because you fly the lean and mean 250 that is so much different and harder than anything else in the world. It isn't.

So if you would like to discuss your 250 prowess please do so in the 250 threads. Let's try to keep discussions here about the flying itself, not what helicopter brands we prefer.

To end this discussion I'll give one last try at what I've been trying to say all along. If you are motivated to fly like Bert in that ep video (as tame as that is for a pro) you are looking at a minimum of 4 years hard core practice and flying experience. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Bert had been flying just about 4 years himself when this video was made and he was an extremely dedicated and fanatical flier (who quite honestly had spent about 6 figures on the hobby at that point... not kidding). However when I watch how you are trying to progress my prognosis is that you will likely never be able to fly that way. Why? No I'm not trying to be mean or over critical. It's just reality because you have no desire to learn control. 100% of what you see in that video is not smack or 3d, it's just pure control. There's no way to attain that other than very hard work. Sorry

pitchp
01-26-2011, 11:25 PM
To end this discussion I'll give one last try at what I've been trying to say all along. If you are motivated to fly like Bert in that ep video (as tame as that is for a pro) you are looking at a minimum of 4 years hard core practice and flying experience. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Bert had been flying just about 4 years himself when this video was made and he was an extremely dedicated and fanatical flier (who quite honestly had spent about 6 figures on the hobby at that point... not kidding). However when I watch how you are trying to progress my prognosis is that you will likely never be able to fly that way. Why? No I'm not trying to be mean or over critical. It's just reality because you have no desire to learn control. 100% of what you see in that video is not smack or 3d, it's just pure control. There's no way to attain that other than very hard work. Sorry

woah, no need for sorry. you've got my attention now. 6 figures. I'll have to rethink about this hobby now.

Thank you raza. may be it's just not worth it.

lazor 22
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
. I have to agree with raza here that what I see in your video is not control you just do a manuver and then another. Slow down, go back to learning the basics.

pitchp
02-02-2011, 04:19 AM
. I have to agree with raza here that what I see in your video is not control you just do a manuver and then another. Slow down, go back to learning the basics.

I don't plan to compete, so it's pointless to learn manouvers, that i will hardly use. I just learn what I need to learn. You're more advance than me lazor,, if you can control, fly the way i just did, it's shouldn't be that hard right? You have control, I don't. :D Try it, see where it takes you. Freewill dude, you don't have to follow.

Case Scenario: If no one knew tareq, and he came here and he showed his videos, what do you think people will tell him. "Go back and learn to fly properly, you keep flying like that, and it will cost you $$$ in crashes. Who flies smackdown? A helicopter is not meant to be flown like that" These are the comments that come from helifreak users. You've seen when there is a video of tareq, there is always talk, but that is all it is right? just talk. You hear people saying "oh tareq was hunting there for a couple of seconds like he didn't know what to do." or "that's not flying." So i say this to those people, check the top left of the helifreak logo, I'm quite sure there is a word there called "Respect". If you think you can do better respond with a video on how to do it better, it may be better it may be not. This is what make this world so wonderful, everyone's learning differently, flying differently.

How would you ever bring out your own style lazor, if you keep following other peoples ways? Lead your own way lazor, bring something new to the world. :D

Btw check out szabo here, where this woman tries to tell him, how to fly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNDIUyGdRIs&feature=player_embedded

RĒzĒ
02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I just learn what I need to learn.

Prob is you are not. We can all see that, but you do not. That's the only issue here, not respect, or free will, or conformity, or conspiracies, or whatever you think it is...

You're more advance than me lazor,, if you can control, fly the way i just did, it's shouldn't be that hard right?

Better yet lets see some vids of YOU flying this way. Please prove everyone wrong.

Case Scenario: If no one knew tareq, and he came here and he showed his videos, what do you think people will tell him.

What we've always told him. HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME. Tareq is not a sim jockey. Never seen a vid of him flying on the sim actually. He proves the skills he has by the videos of his real flying. You can't seem to understand that flying smack on the sim has no bearing with the real deal. In case you didn't know this already I'll let you in on a little secret.. shhh.. come close

on the sim everyone flies like Alan Szabo, Bert Kammerer, or Tareq Alsaadi

---
This is a Flight School forum BTW. People come here to talk and learn about what you consider to be a lack of free will. If you are going to continue to insinuate that everyone here is a moron or just following the crowd by learning unnecessary skills in order to become a better pilot I'd appreciate it if you would just stop posting here.

When you post here you will be critiqued. You may not like it, but that's what this forum is here for. If you don't like it or want it, then you are in the wrong place. This is where people that DO want to learn can come and be taught good flying habits or techniques. Everything we've said to you here has been an attempt to help, and save you pain and $$ in the end. If you really don't care or want to listen that's fine, power to the people, black panthers, or whatever floats your boat. Just stop posting here.

lazor 22
02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
I think you are reading to deep in to my post Pitch. I'm not telling you to try and follow someones style I'm just saying you need to learn the basics first it will make things so much better. Do finless bob's challenges.

RĒzĒ
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I think you are reading to deep in to my post Pitch. I'm not telling you to try and follow someones style I'm just saying you need to learn the basics first it will make things so much better. Do finless bob's challenges.

It's no big deal. His problem is self correcting. He will either crash so often he will give up, or eventually learn how to fly properly.

Either way his problem is solved.

DKS_ONE
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
It's no big deal. His problem is self correcting. He will either crash so often he will give up, or eventually learn how to fly properly.

Either way his problem is solved.
That's what we in the perental realm call "natural consequences" ;) Let my kids deal with those all the time.

pitchp
02-02-2011, 03:50 PM

You don't need to, You learn it along the way. Raza knows this. if you read some of his post he mentions how someone can fly like bert on the sim, without going through the basics. Yes it is possible, and yes it can be done. But the sim is a "Perfect world, with the Perfect heli" we don't live in the perfect world, and we don't have the perfect heli, if you are planning not to crash, you are in the wrong hobby. Always remember there are many different ways to skin a cat. Keep flying dude

As for my flight video, I'm trying to learn how to control the main rotor while piro. Make the heli go where you want it to, while it is on piro. It's not easy, raza can see that. Also I'm trying to perfect the KAOS. This is not an easy manouvere especially on a 250. The other thing I found hard is flying with music, it's hard to keep up with the music. Try it, and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATRbwqW-XU&feature=player_embedded

Just keep this in mind, not everyone is the same. Every one has different ways in learning.

RĒzĒ
02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
We wait with bated breath on your first live (real heli) video of your acquired sim skills.

Please don't repost videos in this thread. You already posted this vid in post #63

pitchp
02-02-2011, 04:17 PM
raza, my brother, my time is running out. I don't know if i will make it there. :o

gelatmi1
02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Got a video to show off a cool move or want a critique on something you're working on? Maybe you have a video that's a good example of a maneuvar? Post em up!

Raza,

if you think this could help Futaba Phoenix simmers share the link below with them

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=267418

Bob O
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Just some basic flying in all eight orientations. Trying to master this before the new season starts so I can try to perfect some of the more complex 3D maneuvers. :)

tf_jCrceXO0

RĒzĒ
03-07-2011, 03:32 PM
NICE!

But where's the other half of the orientations? There's 16 if you include nose down and tail down. If you get all 16 down that smooth most 3d stuff will start to come fairly easy. Actually even if you just worked on just one tail direction you'd still be far ahead of the game.

4n6days
03-07-2011, 05:05 PM
What do you mean by 'one tail direction?'

Bob O
03-07-2011, 07:05 PM
NICE!

But where's the other half of the orientations? There's 16 if you include nose down and tail down. If you get all 16 down that smooth most 3d stuff will start to come fairly easy. Actually even if you just worked on just one tail direction you'd still be far ahead of the game.I didn't even consider those as "basic" orientations/maneuvers. But regarding the additional eight you're talking about, I can do tail down inverted funnels in both directions at the moment. I cannot do any of the other three.

What do you mean by 'one tail direction?'
I think he means one of the eight he's talking about.

RĒzĒ
03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
There are 16 total circuit orientations: 8 that use left tail, and 8 that use right tail (counting inverted and funnels) So what I meant is if you can nail all 8 circuits with all left tail you'd be very a fairly advanced pilot. Nail all 16 and you'll nearly be pro by then.

Bob O
03-07-2011, 11:36 PM
There are 16 total circuit orientations: 8 that use left tail, and 8 that use right tail (counting inverted and funnels) So what I meant is if you can nail all 8 circuits with all left tail you'd be very a fairly advanced pilot. Nail all 16 and you'll nearly be pro by then.I understand now. I wonder if I should edit the title of my video? I just don't know what to name it. :confused:

RĒzĒ
03-08-2011, 12:51 AM
no it's great. keep up the hard work!

aperfect
03-15-2011, 05:09 PM
What simulator are you guys using?

Bob O
03-15-2011, 07:27 PM
What simulator are you guys using?I'm using Phoenix. However, I started out with FS One, and also used HeliSimRC.

4n6days
03-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Ok... here's the result so far of my winter of 'simming.' I'm still trying to get my sim skills transferred to the real heli... but that's the way it goes.

Also my heli has a lot of slop in the swash, so that complicates things too.... aaaaaannnd it rotates CCW and has a left-side tail... which doesn't seem like such a big deal, until you try it. And realize just how much you compensate for the lateral thrust from the tail rotor.

(it was set up for an A-109 fuselage, but then I crashed my Pro and needed something to fly... to I re purposed it for general fliying)

YlD0ykOphIk