PDA

View Full Version : 6HV FBL Arm Connector Question

vercenik
10-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my first message after being a member of the helifreak quite a long time.
I really like the Compass models and I have Atom 500 and 6 HV. At the moment I have been building my new kit 6HV FLB and this is my first FLB kit.I will be using the beast master as the fbl system.

My question is about the tightness of the FBL arm connector. When I tighten the shanked bolt, the arm connector, the special link rod becomes too tight, shouldn't it be loose just like a ball link ? I was assuming that when the shanked bolt is fully tightened, the special link rod should be freely swinging.

Am I tightening the shanked bolt too much ? Should be left loose enough to make the special link rod freely ?

Thanks in advance for all your helps.

TheBum
10-17-2010, 01:59 PM
I just tighten the bolt until it's snug and then rely on the thread lock to hold it. If I really crank down on the bolt, I get the same stiffness. It's still a little stiff immediately after retightening the bolt after a repair, but it loosens up quickly.

kevinator9
10-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Do you have this FBL head?
http://www.compassmodel.com/pictures/adminpics/FBL50_manual.pdf
If so it should swing freely like a ball link. I vaguely remember tightening mine to the point where it started to get stiff. I didn't go and really crank the bolt down as I thought it might bind like yours has.
I would say loosen it off until it swings freely and don't forget to use locktite ;)

vercenik
10-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Yes, I have the new design head. Thanks a lot for the help, I will just tighten it as far as it continues to move freely and loctite it.