PDA

View Full Version : GU-344

Freddd
10-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Is the light on the GU-344 suppose to flicker from red to green when the green wire is not plug in to the Rx? Do I have a bad GU-344?

Freddd
10-22-2010, 06:39 PM
To answer my own question, I found that the green wire has to be plugged in to something. I plugged it in to port 5 on the GU-344 and it works fine.

eDeK
10-23-2010, 06:57 AM
It doesn't have to be plugged "in something" ;)
You can plug it only if you want to set the gain via your transmiter. IMO,the better way ,a bit smoother it to set it manually with the potentiometer on the module.

Freddd
10-23-2010, 11:01 AM
That's not how it was with my gyro. If I let the plug "float" then the mode would flicker between hov and cruz. I was only able to make it work with the green line plugged in to one of the empty ports on the gyro. I agree that having the green line plugged in to the RX is a better way to go for me. It may just be my gyro but I hope this may help someone else in the future.

eDeK
10-23-2010, 11:05 AM
BTW,the green plug has to be connected to GAIN channel on your receiver,not in the 344.

Freddd
10-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Yes, I've been doing RC for 20 years. The green wire, when not plugged in to the RX, must have a pull down resister or the port will float. For some reason its not working on mine. By plugging it into the 344 I have pulled it down and it is not floating anymore. Like I said, I have it plugged into the gain on my RX and it works fine but I not like having equipment that does not work as advertised.