PDA

View Full Version : Tail wag when using DX7 w my CX2

racerman27410
01-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi,

First post here but have been lurking and reading alot :-)

Anyway i bought a DX7 to use with my MX400 and thought it might be fun to bind it to the stock Rx in my CX2.... no problems binding and reversing a couple of the servo switches but when i tried to fly the CX2 it had real bad tail wag.

i played with the 4in1 gain but couldnt adjust it out.
went back to the stock Tx and the tail is solid again.

was i missing somthing in the setup of the DX7 Tx or was it just overpowering the CX2 receiver?

thanks in advance,
Frank

jut8
01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Interesting! I was just going to put up a post to see if I could use my DX7 with the CX2. I got my DX7 for my T-Rex, and i just got a CX2 ordered up. Could there possibly be some mixing in the radio that we might need to change? If anyone has any advice, please let us know, i really want to try to bind my DX7 to the CX2 i have coming also. Thanks!

jut8
01-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Anyone? :dontknow

carlo_the_wonder_frog
01-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes the DX7 works just fine with the CX2. Program for single servo swash, its very easy to setup if you have experience with other Helis. Make sure you bind it correctly and set the failsafe. As far as tail wag, make sure you don't have any revo mixing turned on, just set the correct gain on the 4-in-1.

Rastaman
01-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Frank,

Thanks for your help with the setup. Initially I had the same tail wag that you experienced, however I was able to almost eliminate it by reducing the 'Gain Trimmer Pot' on the 4in1. Also it makes a difference if you fly with the 'front body' on or off the bird, I had a lot more tail wag when the 'front body' was off. I guess it affects the CG. Hope this helps.

jut8
01-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok, another DX7 question, i got the bond, and my servos move great, but i am not getting any response from my throttle, and my red light wont go green. I tried reversing the throttle servo and that didnt help, Any other suggestions??

jut8
01-06-2007, 07:49 AM
Ok, i got it figured out, I had to drop my throttle trim way down, then i adjusted the gain, now she flys like a dream! :mrgreen: