PDA

View Full Version : More one swash discussion!

Alexandre Najar
10-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry for asking such a knew subject like swash! After all set like trex 500 esp manual and with a pitch curve 0-50-100, when I move the stick full up my wash out base binds at main rotor housing and when I get it down I can not get negative pitch that I want ( specially if I changed my swash mix pitch). So, my swash is in a upper position than should be. What I did, going against almost everyone in this forum, was changing my endpoints to control the most up and down swash stop, then leveled it in this positions and used subtrim to level it at midstick! Now I have +12/-12 and 4* at midstick! Why is wrong to do this? I think that is much easier to change endpoints instead of messing with the links! Probably this thread was written so much times, but swash plate is always a setup problem in helis!:YeaBaby:

bj660raptor
10-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Get your mechanical setup as close as you can,then fine tune with the tx,,,,or easyer isn't better"when it comes to this",,,,that's all.

Deet
10-23-2010, 04:47 AM
The manual is incorrect, the lengths it states for the links from servo to swash are too long, they need to be about 5 full turns shorter

Larry227
10-23-2010, 09:53 AM
1. Deet is correct on the linkage length
2. You should be shooting for 0 pitch at midstick, not +4.
3. Make sure the washout base isn't upside down. That's a common mistake that will certainly cause binding at the top.

Ozz58
10-23-2010, 09:57 AM
1. Deet is correct on the linkage length
2. You should be shooting for 0 pitch at midstick, not +4.
3. Make sure the washout base isn't upside down. That's a common mistake that will certainly cause binding at the top.

4. Make sure at 0 pitch (mid stick like mentioned above) your washout arms are perfictly level.

Alexandre Najar
10-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Guys, thank you for the tips! I never could imagine that align manual was wrong! I did five turns on my swash-to-servo links and the problem was gone, no binds anymore! Now is time to change my mid stick pitch to zero. Why this is so important!? And which is the best way to do that? Thank you my teachers:noteworthy

bj660raptor
10-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Go to the tech room and watch ccpm setup 1&2 that should give you everything you need to know.

lankey
10-24-2010, 05:02 AM
Whenever you change the height of the swash by altering the length of the servo links, you will change the pitch on the blades.

You now have to reset the links in the head to give zero pitch at midstick, then measure your overall collective pitch range again. As mentioned level the washout arms first then get zero degrees on the blades. If it's not the same, for example +10/-13, then you would need to raise the swashplate, reset the head to zero and measure again.

Finless does cover this in the CCPM vids, and I'm afraid it can be a bit of a chasing game but you'll get there.

Always mechanical adjustment before electronic.