PDA

View Full Version : Finless Bob's HeliFreak Flight Challenge #1

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

dannylightning
11-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Loohs pretty damn good to me eDek :thumbup:
I would have liked to have seena bit slower piro but good job!

Bob

i agree that looked great now here is mine :redface2 this is my worst attempt so far but like i said its the one i have on video. it's quite scary flying in the front yard but it is also helpfull, do it right or hit a tree lol. i just posted the last try at this cus it takes for ever to upload, just this short clip took 3 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wUFufocgvI

eDeK
11-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Hehe,thanks guys. I will mybe try do it better...

BTW,nice try dannylightning and I love you flying space. I'd love to have the same near my house :/

carpo
11-06-2010, 05:21 PM
dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ...

Ah Clem
11-06-2010, 05:34 PM
"dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ..."

Actually, that made me think of something.

Maybe the next challenge should be the old "Pilot Promenade" from the AMA Expert routine.

The helicopter is hovered stationary over a landing pad and the pilot walks around it.

Difficult to do.

dannylightning
11-06-2010, 05:42 PM
thanks eDEK, the area is a bit small for me, this was my first season flying so i like to have a lot of room or i get really freaked out.. to me this is hardly any room. lol

dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ...

what, pilot on the frame ???????..

"dudes i think that for this challenge to be acepted it must be with the pilot on the frame .cause maybe some one here its walking arround the heli and geting extra points for tail in hover....
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ..."

Actually, that made me think of something.

Maybe the next challenge should be the old "Pilot Promenade" from the AMA Expert routine.

The helicopter is hovered stationary over a landing pad and the pilot walks around it.

Difficult to do.

that sounds crazy.

if any one is cheating they are only hurting their self. sure they could walk around the heli and be hovering tail in the whole time but so what, this is a challange to better your flying abilities. if you cheat your just cheating your self and it does not matter, there is no winner or prize besides you will become a better pilot if you can do this..

Bob O
11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
any way also with the pilot on the frame can be cheat it with other guy on the radio ...Even with the "pilot" in the frame, someone else can still be flying it. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but we're relying on the honesty of our members when they post a video. No verification is required IMO. Besides, if someone wants to cheat by having another person fly their heli, they're only cheating themselves.

snjbird
11-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Even with the "pilot" in the frame, someone else can still be flying it. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but we're relying on the honesty of our members when they post a video. No verification is required IMO. Besides, if someone wants to cheat by having another person fly their heli, they're only cheating themselves.

+100:thumbup:

My hats off Danny for a good attempt, this really shows how hard it is, and how important too!

Now about the cheating thing... Really? If the camera man is stationary, and the pilot is "walking around staying behind the heli, won't they get busted in the camera?

eDeK
11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
that sounds crazy.

Oh yeah,let's do it! :)

dannylightning
11-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah,let's do it! :)

i am not sure i am ready for that yet. plus with my luck i would step in a hole since i cant see where i am walking if i want to keep concentration on the heli and i would fall down and the heli would come over and chop off my leg.

carpo
11-06-2010, 07:00 PM
if the camera man its in front of the pilot y never see the pilot changing place...
now i gonna have to make a video a show haw its works.....

RĒzĒ
11-06-2010, 07:06 PM
if someone was that determined to cheat they could just hold a dummy transmitter and pretend to fly. they'd never even have to leave the frame.

not sure why anyone would want to do that though. It's an exercise for your own good

Ah Clem
11-06-2010, 07:25 PM
"that sounds crazy."

Yes it does, but it was an AMA Maneuver back in the early to mid 1980's.

snjbird
11-06-2010, 07:57 PM
if the camera man its in front of the pilot y never see the pilot changing place...
now i gonna have to make a video a show haw its works.....

Save your tape, that is not the point of this thread, and you are detracting from the content with your antics.

jsshieldsjr
11-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I was going to post mine but I decided to crash instead!? :oops:

im4711
11-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Not sure why folks think other would be cheating. What would we gain? Actually by simply flying we gain confidence that we can handle the basics. Makes us better prepared for the other stuff. So cheating would not help us anyway -> rather would post no video before cheating.

Keep doing the videos and posting it. Nobody is perfect so I would not expect just perfect hover videos.

Finless
11-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I am not worried about the cheating. If someone has the balls to cheat then it's on them and their conscience!

Good attempts Danny but it is clear you need to work on it a little more. Like John, bad spots will reach out and bite you some day when you do something that puts you in that orientation and your not ready for it. Left side hover seemed to be a problem area. If you get that down, my bet your slow piro's will fall into place! At least you know what to work on now :)

Bob

dannylightning
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I am not worried about the cheating. If someone has the balls to cheat then it's on them and their conscience!

Good attempts Danny but it is clear you need to work on it a little more. Like John, bad spots will reach out and bite you some day when you do something that puts you in that orientation and your not ready for it. Left side hover seemed to be a problem area. If you get that down, my bet your slow piro's will fall into place! At least you know what to work on now :)

Bob yep those left side hovers were terrible, my nose is a bit sloppy too, nose right and tail in easy as pie.

this was my first attempt ever. it was more playing around in the wind than any thing. the wind was blowing like crazy and i was just being goofy and having a good time.. forgot my friend had this on his you tube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHE2f-W4ZL0

Mercuriell
11-07-2010, 05:23 AM

Bob

It's a very valuable exercise - discomfort with left side hover explains discomfort with rolls left to right and even circuits ! Working on it now and sure it will improve other areas too :)

9sec240
11-07-2010, 09:41 AM
My entry. A little tough with a guy flying 3D in his 4G6 on my left, a group of airplane pilots to my right and then the father / son team out on the field collecting their plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlM7eKxcXiE

dannylightning
11-07-2010, 10:29 AM
My entry. A little tough with a guy flying 3D in his 4G6 on my left, a group of airplane pilots to my right and then the father / son team out on the field collecting their plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlM7eKxcXiE

very nice

RĒzĒ
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
i just posted the last try at this cus it takes for ever to upload, just this short clip took 3 hours.

is this because you have a really slow upload or because you are not converting your video to a more reasonable size? No reason a good high quality 2 minute clip should be more than 30 - 40 megs

im4711
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM
is this because you have a really slow upload or because you are not converting your video to a more reasonable size? No reason a good high quality 2 minute clip should be more than 30 - 40 megs

No -> looks like he did an upload in full HD format (1080). That is much larger and could take a long time if you do not have a very fast connection. Even with a fast connection it would take quite some time before it gets processed and becomes available.

dannylightning
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
No -> looks like he did an upload in full HD format (1080). That is much larger and could take a long time if you do not have a very fast connection. Even with a fast connection it would take quite some time before it gets processed and becomes available.

i have my friends attempt uploading to my youtube now. its taking a while. i like HD videos and my upload time is slow. the thing i dont get is some times a long vid will upload in a hour or two and some times it takes for ever. i know my upload speed is pretty lousy.

my friend did a excellent job at the chalange i will post it up probably tomorrow, if he will let me. i got to go to bed soon.

RĒzĒ
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
my point was that full hd video (1080) compressed properly does not need to be any more than about 20 to 30 megs per minute. hd video does not have to mean crazy file size

Mercuriell
11-07-2010, 11:42 PM
A good frame size is 720 width and can be compressed quite a lot - Youtube does a severe compression anyway but you will save upload time by haviung a smaller frame size