PDA

View Full Version : can you fix open tail gear box .

goitoibayvoi
01-04-2007, 02:48 PM
please be my advice

1) i have a open tail gear on my stratus . now the plastic gear is wear out alot . i wonder if i can replace the gear by myself.? or send to MA to repair.?
2)the other heli i have close tail gear box. everytime when i crash i can fix the gear.( cost less than open tail gear box )
please give me some idea .
should i up grade to open tail gear box or not ,,
because every time i crash the open tail gear box is done , almost, ( and it is cost$149. for the whole thing )
thank you

JayL
01-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Ive rebuilt the old sytle a few times with no issues. to me its easier than the closed box to repair. Of course the ones I was repairing were the old style with the roll pins in them. The new ones use sets screws and should be even easier. This is just my 2 cents of course.

Rada70
01-04-2007, 07:17 PM
the open tail gear is much easier to maintain and repair. It's easier to set the mesh. You can also check for any potential problems early. It takes me minutes rebuild mine.

goitoibayvoi
01-04-2007, 07:47 PM
thankyou for reply
i wonder if the heli ever come down . mean crash. ( tail down) the open tail gear box is done .or repairable.
because the square thing (case ) of tail gear is bend .it will detroy every things, then i have to buy the whole thing again or
thank you for these advice

DavidH
01-05-2007, 09:04 AM
All the parts for any of the MA assemblys are available individually.
123-78 Open Tail Box Housing with bearings

The open gear box parts start with 123.

David