PDA

View Full Version : scale fuselage for mCX2?

kenf22
11-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I am just starting to get into flying helis and want to get a mCX2. However my main interest is in scale flying and what to eventually put a ka50 (or at least some helicopter that really has a coaxial design) body on it. I have seen these for the CX, is there any for the mCX size or should I get the bigger one?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Ferret Dad
11-02-2010, 11:31 AM
You could convert your mCX2 to the mCX S300 version. Blade brand parts are still out there even tho the heli itself was discontinued. MIA micro flight has other color S300 bodies as well as a more scale type tail assembly. They also have a body similair to the Blade CX3 but I forget the type. As far as adding these to the standard mCX there was issues with the added weight as the little motors on the mCX had a hard time with that and flight times were way low. I've read where some have had better luck with the mCX2 as the motors are a bit stronger. Not sure about an actual coaxial heli tho. Hope this helps.

Mike

kenf22
11-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Thank you for the help. I didn't think about the s300, but I have seen the md500 one, but that in not Coaxial. So, I geuss I will go ahead and just get the CX3.

vbluguitar
11-05-2010, 11:33 PM
A lot of people complain about the cx3 being fragile. If this is your first heli I would stick with the mcx 2 until you have cut your teeth. You will crash a lot at first and the stupid mcx2 race body is fairly tough. (stock.)

Once you become a prolific flyer then move toward the scale helis. Even the s300 body is far more fragile than the mcx2 fuse. I recently converted my mcx2 to an s300. See my other thread on this page called awesome mcx2 s300 upgrade.

Hope that helps!

Blacksport350
11-06-2010, 07:02 AM
As an owner of a CX3, MCX2, MSR, and MCX/T for my indoor helis, I will tell you that the CX3 is fragile (compared to the others) and will take quite a bit of work if you crash it often. Scale bodies are also a lot of trouble as if you are having any issues, it has to come off to work on it, go back on to fly it, come back off, go back on, etc.

If you are just getting started, I would not recommend a CX3 as it will likely be too much trouble for you as you inevitably crash it. Go to it after you cut your teeth on an MCX2 or MSR and are through your crashing phase.

BTW, while I love scale, I do not like working on scale!