PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Wrong?

joker0720
01-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I just got my first Heli. I'm BRAND new to this and I can't seem to figure anything out. I don't know the names of all the parts either. Basically, in RealFlight3.5 I can hover/foward flight pretty darn well with the CP model in there. I try flighting my Blade CP and nothing is acting the same. Perhaps my helicopter is just way off balance? I checked the balance the best I could and it seems ok... perhaps my trim is off on something? The darn thing goes off into the forward left direction the entire time.. and not a little bit. It's completely impossible for me to fight that and keep it hovering okay. I really need some help. I was mentioned to that perhaps I didn't setup my controller? I dont even know what that really means... Someone please help me!!! :arggg:

MODEL: E-Flite Blade CP - with training gear.

MrR
01-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Check this site out:

http://bladecprepair.com

It may help you with setting your cp up a little better. Sounds like to me that pehaps your swashplate isn't level. That's just a guess but the cp repair site is pretty good for setting up the cp.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here too and I'm sure you will get a better answer than mine.

I used the sim for about five months before I got my cp pro and found that the real heli is quite a bit different in terms of feel. Good for orientation and muscle memory though.

Hope that helps

F1Atom
01-08-2007, 12:42 AM
The real thing is way different from the sim. Reason: when you fly in the sim you are flying in the computer world where things are balanced and everything is trimed. In the real world pretty much anything goes. Things in the real world are much faster especially on a micro. Personally, I'm kinda glad I started on the real thing first then tried the sim.

As far as your heli is concerned balance is key in getting a good hover. Use the blade CP repair website to help you. Then check this website out, scroll down to the heli balancing pdf and read it. It should help you out a bit more. Make sure all of your trims are centered EXCEPT for the throttle trim.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494197

Question: Is this your first attempts at hovering in the real world? If it is, take it slow. You will get there eventually.

joker0720
01-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks guys! I'll def take a look at those pages tonight. It's so off that I dont think it is just the computer vs real world deal. Thanks again! :WOW

carlo_the_wonder_frog
01-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I flew the sim 'til I could get around fairly well before I tried to hover a Real CP. BIG Difference, the Cp is a twitchy beast and the Stock radio has no exponential to make it any better, I was all over the place.

F1Atom
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
And no reset button. I was all transmitter had that option I would 1000$ for that feature.

Skiddz
01-09-2007, 05:43 PM
"Flown at the factory" means some expert RC heli pilot managed to get the skids off the ground without wadding it up. :)

My CP was decent out of the box, but a full strip down and rebuild with a proper setup made it fly much better. Toss in a good computer Tx and really dial it in and it'll be even better.

bugnout
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
try this it is about as close as it gets that I have found.

Try this version called BladeLike for G3:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/atta...5&d=1140312399
Once you download it you will find a Readme file explaining where each file should go.