PDA

View Full Version : Gaui X5 or Logo 500

sandro12321
11-18-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm looking at both, but can't decide. Anyone own both? I've had Logo's and love them but the new X5 is getting very good press. Opinions please!!!

terrabit
11-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I've had several Logos including the 500. My favorite ship is a vbar Logo 600. I chose the x5, here's why: The x5 has slightly better disc loading, it's more powerful on 6s with the same motor (the Scorp 4020-910kv is a popular choice for the l500), the x5 tail is superior, best of all it's much less expensive to crash.

The x5 isn't perfect, there are certainly some things that could be improved. The landing gear is a bit flimsy, ball links could be a bit more robust. But all in all, it's a first rate machine. If I had it to do over again, I'd still pick the x5.

rotaryguy
11-18-2010, 11:32 AM
I have owned several Logos, 3 L10's, a Vbar 400 and 2 Vbar 600's. I sold them all, Between parts cost and that belt to worry about I had to let them go but I must say my vbar 600 was a VERY nice flying machine. I think its stealthy sound has a lot to do with it. If you think Mikado prices are high you should have seen them a few years ago (you may already know), they were insane and have come down considerably in cost. That said, Mikados are nice but the more research I do I lean more towards the X5 (in the market myself).

sandro12321
11-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Actually, the price is very comparable, I was just wondering about flight-wise which is better?

rotaryguy
11-18-2010, 12:10 PM
The kit, FES is retailing for $619
Logo 500 about $785
510 for the kit with painted canopy, add 70 for blades, 105 for motor, 100 for esc = 785
The parts I shopped and some are close others are not so maybe they wash out...
Maybe soon I will have my opinion on flight performance vs the logos :)

terrabit
11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
If you think Mikado prices are high you should have seen them a few years ago (you may already know), they were insane and have come down considerably in cost.

Oh yeah dude, I remember. Bought my first Logo in 2006. $30 mainshafts! WTF! Everything was stupid expensive. Myself and a few others raised holy hell here on HF (RR admin are such sissies about this stuff that you can't complain about a problem without someone closing your thread) and started promoting third party parts. Guess what, prices came down. I personally was posting parts comparisons with Align, Synergy, Avant, MinAir, etcetera. I am absolutely certain that Rolf hates me. Hell, most of the reps won't talk to me either, except through pm. Personally, I believe that process makes for a better company. It's called facing the brutal facts. And what better feedback can you hope for but direct customer commentary.

At any rate, the x5 will still cost you much less to operate.

CRITEX
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
I've had several Logos including the 500. My favorite ship is a vbar Logo 600. I chose the x5, here's why: The x5 has slightly better disc loading, it's more powerful on 6s with the same motor (the Scorp 4020-910kv is a popular choice for the l500), the x5 tail is superior, best of all it's much less expensive to crash.

The x5 isn't perfect, there are certainly some things that could be improved. The landing gear is a bit flimsy, ball links could be a bit more robust. But all in all, it's a first rate machine. If I had it to do over again, I'd still pick the x5.
Solved the landing skid problem by using Trex 500 gear, just drill a mounting hole.The Trex 600 links are a direct replacement, I love mine the power is outrageous.

sandro12321
11-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Ok, but flight wise you guys think the X5 flies better?

terrabit
11-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Here again, better is a subjective term. The logo "might" fly a bit more precisely. I really can't remember. But, all things being equal, the x5 is lighter and more powerful.

Watch videos of both helis and judge for yourself.