PDA

View Full Version : L400 battery extension tray?

oldeflyer
11-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Finishing up my L400 build and Igot to the page where it puts on the two halves of what looks like an extended frame for battery support.
It shows putting 2 3x10mm hex bolts into the frame at the lower attachment point. There is nothing there to provide the screws a place to tighten.
Was something left out of the kit?
I have no spacers left over, nor did it show anything inserted in there on the frame build page.
As it is now, it looks like I will have to stick a piece of 3mm rod through there and put spacers and a nut on each end
Anyone else have this issue?

Brubache
11-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Your missing a hex post that fits into the frame. Its the longest hex post of the bunch.

oldeflyer
11-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Brubache,
That seemed to be the case but there are no extra parts and it isn't shown in the manual.
I did have metal hex inserts on the L500, both front and back. Guess I should have questioned sooner. I really don't want to take apart this almost complete build.:confused:
Iguess it will be the rod and nuts after all.

How old is your L400? Mine came with the hardened shaft but it has a hole at the bottom instead of a circlip groove. There was a pin and plastic retainer, also not shown in the manual.

visayan
11-19-2010, 12:01 PM
There are only 2 places to screw on the bottom of the frame halves. The rear holes which also hold the boom brace have a metal spacer where the 3x10mm screws go. The front holes which also hold the bottom of the battery extension tray do NOT have any spacers and the screw goes straight into plastic. If I remember correctly, the left side will be a 3x10mm and the right side will be 3x40mm screw. The hardened mainshaft which is what you have does not use the circlip. You use the plastic retainer to hold the pin on the bottom hole of the mainshaft. The open end of the retainer should face down

oldeflyer
11-19-2010, 01:58 PM
:YeaBaby::YeaBaby::YeaBaby:
visayan,
Murphy and not looking closely enough have doomed me again.:oops:

I looked at the manual, saw 3x10mm for the hole and thought it would be that same on both sides. NOT! And, here's Murphy, I started the 10mm bolt on the side where the 40mm bolt goes. Bleah!
The manual and the parts list matched exactly what you said. 40 mm goes in the right and 10mm in the left. Works great.

Ernie at ReadyHeli gave the same info on the hardened shaft, so that is all good. Wonder why they don't put that in the manual?

Thanks for all the help. I'm off to set up a VBar.