PDA

View Full Version : Lack of channel

a-tomic
12-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone!
Here I am again with some more questions!
As I prepare for the Trex 550 FPV project, I realized that I would miss the spare channels on my receiver R618SB with 8FG so I am interested how to get two more channels for the OSD and the camera switch.
For now channels is as follows:
1.aileron
2.elevator
3.throttle
4.rudder
5.gain
6.pitch
7.co-pilot
8.pan-tilt camera
Any advice is more than welcome!
Thanks

ChrisH
12-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Get the 14ch receiver and with the current firmware you can have 8 proportional channels plus 2 switched channels. Additionally, in a future update, you'll get 12+2!

http://www.robbe.de/t8fg-r6108sb-2-4-ghz-lipo-uni-mode.html

a-tomic
12-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey Chris!
I thought that with R6108SB receiver I already have 8 +2 channel?
I do not know how to determine these 2 switched channels for any purpose and what kind of device can be put on these switches?:confused:

Currently I have made a software update to 2.1 and wait for January 2011 to see what kind of update will make the Futaba. There were rumors on the forums that might be some sort of telemetry. For FPV could do with a measuring signal strength! :)
Will see...

ChrisH
12-19-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't know the answer to that, I am new to the SBUS stuff myself (I don't have any SB receivers).

a-tomic
12-26-2010, 04:43 AM
Chris,thanks for the advice as always! :thumbup:
You were right, I had to get R6014HS reciver so I got 10 channels! With R6108SB I would have to purchase a decoder cables and hubs so I got 10 channels and it would cost me almost half of the new receivers. Maybe in the future will show the advantage of the s-bus. Now I have another problem to detect RSSI signal on this R6014HS receiver so I can monitor the signal strength on the OSD!
Thanks for your support and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the forum!:)

ChrisH
12-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Chris,thanks for the advice as always! :thumbup:
You were right, I had to get R6014HS reciver so I got 10 channels! With R6108SB I would have to purchase a decoder cables and hubs so I got 10 channels and it would cost me almost half of the new receivers. Maybe in the future will show the advantage of the s-bus. Now I have another problem to detect RSSI signal on this R6014HS receiver so I can monitor the signal strength on the OSD!
Thanks for your support and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the forum!:)
Glad to hear you got it figured out, a-tomic! I was not aware you could use the sbus decoder cables for more channels, so I guess we both learned something! ;)

Happy holidays.