PDA

View Full Version : Align DS 510's for 500e?

JKurz
12-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Just picked up a 500e air frame, I have a set of Align DS510's that used to be in my Trex 500, will these servos work in the 500e frame? If not what servo's should I be looking for?

Thanks guys.

-Jon

N518LF
12-30-2010, 09:01 AM
I am new to the 500e so I am not speaking with experience but...

I just bought a used 500e and it has 510s on the cyclic. The guy says it performs well with it but for all we know that could be a "line". I hear the Align servos are decent and I have never had a problem with my 450 pro servos... I will say that I think he had to make a change to adaptors that come in the JR kit, I have't taken it apart yet but it almost looks like he had to drill new holes in the frame? Whatever he did they are solid and lined up perfectly so at the time being I am not too concerned about any modifying he may have done.

Functionaly I don't see any reason why they won't perform, physically (if they will fit easily) you might just need to try to mount them and see).

spike5150
12-31-2010, 10:17 AM
If I remember correctly, the 510's require modification to the mini-servo adaptors that come with the kit - the holes did not line up and you would have to make the servo opening a bit longer. No big deal to do. No modification to the frames should be necessary, just the servo adaptors, which are plastic.