PDA

View Full Version : rudder problems

anthony1
01-02-2011, 03:33 PM
ok i have just flown my brand new helimax axe 400 and it is very stable and great for the limited experience that i have. managed 3 flights so far with no drama's but i would like to speed up the tail response, i have to push the stick more than half way to get the tail to move, is this a gyro thing or a radio thing, i noticed that the travel on the rudder is set to 70% with 50% expo, in idle up 1 its not a lot better either although everything else gets a lot sharper, i have flown heli's before but that was almost 7 years ago so its gonna take a while to get the confidence back
thanks

phoenixheli
01-02-2011, 04:00 PM
If you say tail response, I'm guessing that you want the tail to turn faster? If so, the way to increase the speed of piro rate is to increase the epa(atv) for the rudd ch. A higher value will give faster turn rate and lower, lower turn rates.

If you meant on the feel of the sticks, then increase or decrease the expo for the rudd ch until it feels suited to your need.

In the future you will want to get rid of that cheap gyro and get a gy401 or spartan quark, because the hm4000 gyro is complete junk and I guarantee it will fail sooner or later. I went through two of them, both failing within a few days and I bought a real gyro. Many pilots have consistently had problems with the hm4000.

anthony1
01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
thank you ,i did lower the expo and it definately felt better and i will get a new gyro asap