PDA

View Full Version : Going FBL for the start of the season...MICROBEAST!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Slayaah
03-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Does anyone have the Compass 6HV new FBL head on their 600N? I'm wondering if the links that come with the 6HV head are the proper length for a perfect fit on the T-Rex.

I'm using the new Compass head for the T-Rex 600. It's called TracX. Works good, But so far I've noticed one thing that is a big disappointment. It's hard to adjust the pushrods to get the tracking. You will have to remove both the pushrod base and bearings from the blade grips to access the screw inside the pushrod to be able to adjust the link without spinning the whole thing.

http://www.nankinhobby.com/images/uploads/600%20head%20trex.jpg

So a good catch on the stock head. I really like having built in phasing, other than that as simple as possible. I can recommend those adjustable pushrods if you want to be picky on the blade tracking!

Ps. If anyone wants the TracX head for either Trex 500 or 600 I just found that nankinhobby has them in stock :). And I'm using the adjustable pushrods on the SDX with quickUK links which will need drilling to 2.5mm but it is a nice tight fit so I haven't had any problems what so ever

HornDog
03-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Yep.. mine arrived today for the 500.... pics in my post below

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=2771208#post2771208

Ah Clem
03-18-2011, 12:16 AM
"You will have to remove both the pushrod base and bearings from the blade grips to access the screw inside the pushrod to be able to adjust the link without spinning the whole thing."

Absolutely none of that is necessary.

You just pop the ball link off at the swashplate, grip the Delrin tube, and twist the ball link. They are hard to turn (on purpose), but they turn. The ball link is threaded onto a threaded stud which, in turn, is threaded into the inside of the Delrin tube. Part of the ball link is hidden in the Delrin tube.

I have three of these heads (so far)- on a 6HV, an Atom and one on a Kyosho Caliber 700.

Very easy to adjust and no reason to take apart (other than popping the ball off the swashplate).

Slayaah
03-23-2011, 01:56 PM
How do you keep the screw not turning when turning the ball-link?

Ah Clem
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
"How do you keep the screw not turning when turning the ball-link? "

The cap head screw, seen from the top of the assembly, does not go all the way through the Delrin tube. It is threaded into the top of the tube to retain the "Y" shaped aluminum piece at the top.

There is a separate threaded stud, threaded into the ball link and the bottom of the Delrin tube. If you unscrew the ball link from the tube, you will see the stud.

Grip the tube and twist the ball link. It is a tight fit, intentionally. I have never had to turn the link more than one revolution to get the pitch at zero at half collective on a Compass ship. I had to turn them a few times on when I put this head on my Caliber 700 (which I would not have had to do if I had cut the main shaft a bit shorter).