PDA

View Full Version : Charley Stephens leaving Outrage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Slyster
01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Since you are here, are you confirming or denying that either or both the G5 & 550 are or are not being phased out?I sure hope not. The 550 is such an amazing robust heli and is a natural pair of the future Fusion 90 (share packs). I'd be interested too in any news of these helis.

OUTRAGE RC
01-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Outrage RC,
Since you are here, are you confirming or denying that either or both the G5 & 550 are or are not being phased out?

We will continue support parts for G5 and 550.

www.outragerc.com

OUTRAGE RC
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

I have replied to all concerns and all new concerns i will post on separate threads.

Thanks,

Team Outrage
www.outragerc.com

bdbrown4764
01-15-2011, 09:15 PM
We will continue support parts for G5 and 550.

www.outragerc.com

That doesn't sound too good for getting new G5 or 550 kits...:thumbdown:

Slyster
01-15-2011, 09:38 PM
What I wonder.. is who is "we"... who is Outrage? Is Outrage RC posting from Asia? It was really nice having names.. like Charlie. Sorry he's leaving. Good to hear about the continued support! :)

lazor 22
01-15-2011, 09:44 PM
So your getting rid of the kit? Yes or No?

OUTRAGE RC
01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
What I wonder.. is who is "we"... who is Outrage? Is Outrage RC posting from Asia? It was really nice having names.. like Charlie. Sorry he's leaving. Good to hear about the continued support! :)

Slyster,

Outrage is based in Boston. We have a group of technical/customer service to support you and we would like to support you as a company not an individual staff.

lazor 22,

We are still selling the kit. There is no plan for more changes. Our focus is to release the Fusion 50 on Feb 6.

Best regards,

Team Outrage
www.outragerc.com (http://www.outragerc.com)

kazager
01-15-2011, 10:30 PM
This seems to be turning into a pile on Outrage party. I am sorry that Charley is not part of Outrage, I met Charley and those guys once, and they are/were great. At this point I am going to wait to worry beyond the questions I've asked. I feel the answers are sufficient for me and that Outrage has done nothing negative to me. Everyone is struggling right now, and Outrage can not be immune to it. I wish everyone the best! I hope Charley stays active in helis and that I can continue to follow his innovative designs.

billbill242000
01-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Slyster,

Outrage is based in Boston. We have a group of technical/customer service to support you and we would like to support you as a company not an individual staff.

l

Best regards,

Team Outrage
www.outragerc.com (http://www.outragerc.com)

As a person that has been in customer service for over twenty yrs that is a bad answer in my opinion. It is much easier on the customer to have a name to work with it no matter how much you feel it is better for the company to support "as a company not an individual staff"

silverbullet
01-16-2011, 06:06 AM
somehow jes, BUT its still very nice that they clear the situation AND anser our Questions!
Think about that most of the other companys like ALIGN and so NEVER would give a dam what we are asking and questioning.

so thumbs UP!

JesusFreak
01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
As a person that has been in customer service for over twenty yrs that is a bad answer in my opinion. It is much easier on the customer to have a name to work with it no matter how much you feel it is better for the company to support "as a company not an individual staff"

Very slim chance of that happening these days. It's nice when it happens though, I agree.

s0laris
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
People!

I am getting the sense no matter what the reply outrage makes, people are going to rip it apart for the sake of it.

Outrage is in the business of making a product that people enjoy. until that enjoyment is truly being affected, all this back and forth bickering is setting up a bad ambience.

Align is constant been used as a reference of how not to do business, yet they are still in business in a huge way.

I say fly fly fly an have fun!

if things do go south, the bulk of a Heli investment is the electronics, not the kit.

Rob43
01-16-2011, 11:24 AM
I have to agree with Solaris.

But, frankly, the consumer is clearly entitled to express opinion and reaction to the news. Everyone came to know Outrage as Charley's heli company, although he wasn't the owner. You can't expect this not to be significant news and for the heli owners to squabble about it. It's not like the sponsored pilots who move around one season to the next...it's the designer of the helis we enjoy and have the source of our fun. We can't fly our investment in electronics without innovative aircraft on which to install them.

I think you're right, that no matter what Outrage says that people will rip it apart. Charley made the interaction between consumers and the company a real one. Whatever circumstances that led Charley to leave could have an impact on the extent to which people find fun helis to fly from the Outrage brand. It could even be in a positive way. Time will tell.

Until then, what's the harm in the consumers discussing their views on this forum? It's not like people are picketing at Outrage offices. I say this is a reasonable medium in which to voice views, epecially when they are in conflict. No offense. I would think field reps could simply see and consider this discussion, without telling folks they shouldn't be "bickering" about it. Defending the situation is not the role of the field rep from my perspective. Just an opinion.

When I once worked in a machine repair facility as a mechanical engineer, I often faced customers who had issues with the shop's work. Defending what we did only made the situation worse. I had to simply listen for how I could help resolve problems. Work with my mates to prevent recurrence and learn from it. I know this isn't like our hobby, but it was a learning experience for me as a professional. If I couldn't take a reasonable amount of grief from the customer, they'd stop telling me what it was we could do to help them. If we didn't resolve the problem, they they'd simply go to another supplier for the service.

Again, no offense intended.

velocity90
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
The 550 is the number 1 selling heli, and its confirmed now that parts will be availible. They even still sell the 550 and I think thats very wise since the t-rex 550 has come:thumbdown:

No worries anymore.

Foxden
01-16-2011, 04:35 PM
I have to agree with Solaris.

No offense. I would think field reps could simply see and consider this discussion, without telling folks they shouldn't be "bickering" about it. Defending the situation is not the role of the field rep from my perspective. Just an opinion.

Again, no offense intended.

Rob,

What field reps are you referring to??

lazor 22
01-16-2011, 04:36 PM
s0laris I think.

AnTi Taco
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Rob,

What field reps are you referring to??

i believe he's referring to s0laris cause if was before or close to that post

Foxden
01-16-2011, 04:43 PM
i believe he's referring to s0laris cause if was before or close to that post

I don't believe s0laris is a field rep, I could be mistaken but I know all of the sponsored pilots and most of the field reps, he may just have Team Outrage in his signature, or may be sponsored by a hobby shop in Canada but I don't remember him in any of the emails I receive from Outrage.

lazor 22
01-16-2011, 04:44 PM
He says he gets the discount and is a rep.

Foxden
01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe he is, I'm not familiar with him, I know of one rep and a factory sponsored pilot in Canada, but they could have added more without telling all of the pilots and reps??

AnTi Taco
01-16-2011, 04:50 PM
i think he seen TEAM OUTRAGE in is sig thats why he thought he was a rep least thats what i thought too when i saw the sig

lazor 22
01-16-2011, 04:57 PM
He can sure tell a good lie if he isn't one. :lol:

s0laris
01-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Lol.

Yes I am a rep for Alberta, Canada.

Have been for about 8 month now?

Can't remember exactly. Regardless of my signature my comments have no influence on my affiliation with Outrage. let's all just support the products we have come to enjoy.

Btw foxden I am included on the emailings. My real name is Mike

Foxden
01-16-2011, 08:14 PM
I stand corrected, s0laris has been included in email correspondence with the team pilots and reps. Sorry Mike hard to put forum names to actual ones

DominicD
01-16-2011, 08:27 PM
LOL I've been an Outrage rep for almost 3 years and i just got onto the mailing list :)