PDA

View Full Version : Which FBL?

zvok
01-09-2011, 05:03 AM
I have a 4G6 with Rx2609 which i want to leave as is (It flies great so why screw around with it) I intend to build a 4G6 with Rx2610V2 and Xtreme frame and skids.

I have all these parts in my hand together with the servos and other parts. I do not have the rotor head and the motor and ESC.

What I am now asking myself and you: what to do with the FBL head.

Should I buy the stock d02 head . Is the 4G6 shaft (which I have) adequate? do I need a different swash plate or the 4G6 swash is adequate? and links? Do I need different links?

Should I buy the d05 head or wait for the M120 head? Will they fit in the Xtreme frame and the 4G6 shaft?

I have parts of the 4G3 plastic head (I still need to buy blade holders and guide balls ~ 10 USD) should I modify to FBL it as Henk suggested (buy the 1.2M screws ~10 USD) or zeitgespenst suggestion to drill a 1 mm hole I will have to buy the drill)?

Thanks for your help.

Picofly
01-09-2011, 06:05 AM
I have a Heli-Works V1 head in my heli. It is nice and simple! I like it a lot!

It is easier to adjust too,because the stock stabilizer binds quite easily at max/min end of the pitch range.

mickawell
01-09-2011, 06:56 AM
I also have Heli-worx V1 FBL head with v120d02 blades holder, what I can say is that it is perfect and simple... it's a good choice

zvok
01-09-2011, 07:13 AM
I also have Heli-worx V1 FBL head with v120d02 blades holder, what I can say is that it is perfect and simple... it's a good choice

Thanks for the response

Can you attach a link?

Picofly
01-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Here is the link:

http://www.heli-worx.de/shop/#Flybarless-Rotorkopf-V1(49187)

Heli-works claims that this FBL head works with a 48mm main shaft but I use a stock V120D02 main shaft (57 mm) in mine.

snemi00
01-09-2011, 08:50 AM
It looks like the guides on it are long enough that the swash plate from the 4G6 should work on it as well. Is anyone out there using this head with 4G6 main shaft and swash?
I think you would have to use the innermost holes on the servo arms as well for control resolution of the 2610V.

hjns
01-09-2011, 11:12 AM
I just ordered the Heli-Worx heads (v1 and v2). I have used nummerous variations of FBL heads, especially the home-made versions, and I found my own mods very useful. However, from a build perspective I respect these HW heads very much. Therefore, I decided to convert 2 of my 3 models into FBL HW heads. My 3rd model will be FB (original 4G6 w/ Rx2609) and I can always easily convert it to FBL with one of my other FBL heads.

I will go for a 4G6 swash, combined with V120 blade grips and the FBL HW head. I will use the V120 link sets, and exchange the V120 lower ball grip for a 4G6 swash ball grip. I always have the arm of the blade grips at the leading edge. That means that positive pitch will result in upwards travel of the swashplate, which is easily adjustable in the Tx.

Jeff_Barrett
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
+1 on the Heli-worx titanium head.... I'm having him make me a small run of them.

zvok
01-10-2011, 01:34 AM
I just ordered the Heli-Worx heads (v1 and v2). I have used nummerous variations of FBL heads, especially the home-made versions, and I found my own mods very useful. However, from a build perspective I respect these HW heads very much. Therefore, I decided to convert 2 of my 3 models into FBL HW heads. My 3rd model will be FB (original 4G6 w/ Rx2609) and I can always easily convert it to FBL with one of my other FBL heads.

I will go for a 4G6 swash, combined with V120 blade grips and the FBL HW head. I will use the V120 link sets, and exchange the V120 lower ball grip for a 4G6 swash ball grip. I always have the arm of the blade grips at the leading edge. That means that positive pitch will result in upwards travel of the swashplate, which is easily adjustable in the Tx.

Thanx to all who replied Do I need the V120d02 main shaft or is the 4G6 mai shaft (I have the 4G6 shaft) OK?

Capnchaos
01-22-2011, 10:55 AM

I recall seeing descriptions of flybarless mods for the 4G6 but darned if I can find them now!

Do you happen to have a link to any of the FBL mods on the stock 4G5 head? Or the 'StayTrue' FB head?

zvok
01-23-2011, 05:22 AM
I recall seeing descriptions of flybarless mods for the 4G6 but darned if I can find them now!

Do you happen to have a link to any of the FBL mods on the stock 4G5 head? Or the 'StayTrue' FB head?

This is one of the mods.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=289958

Good luck:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: