PDA

View Full Version : BEE Ring like 'Jerry Rig'...I hate waiting on parts, tell me what you think?

Birdkiller
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Had myself a nice little "blind folded landing - HH", bent my flybar all up luckily had a couple extra, but for what ever stupid reason I didnt have any extra Ring Like Push Rods....
.I hate nothing more than staring at my BEE waiting for parts. :arggg: :bawl

SOOO I was messing around last night in my wondering what i could use to get her back in the air. And setting at the edge of my workbench were 4 litle hair ties my daughter apparently left there. I though HUH.... :thinking
I doubled them over and stretched them on and they surprisingly have the perfect amount of tention and stretch!

My BEE flys GREAT with them!! :thumbup:

I havent seen anything like this done on here, although Im sure Im not the first to do something similar.
But go ahead and tell me if this is completely ridiculous or not very smart, tell me what you think. It seems to be working great so far, Ive ran 3 lipos on the setup with no problems.
I even crashed again and the rubber bands performed well, allowing the head to pop right off the center hub unharmed! :Bang:Bang

hearse driver
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
looks good. it is like the o ring mod . just rubberbands insted of the #7 danco mod..good thinking

JettaManDan
01-20-2011, 09:34 PM
if it works then why the heck not!

Old Blue
01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Very creative! Yup, not being able to run down to the local hobby store and pick up parts does make one strap on the old thinking cap. Nothing wrong with that. Good job! :thumbup:

Blue

Birdkiller
01-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys for the positive feedback, I ran 2 more lipos through her today and its still holding up nicely.