PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE smashes his syma s107....

Bryan LaPrad
01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
hey guys, how are you doing? well i must start off and say that i am a complete newbie when it comes to radio controlled helicopters or anything remote controlled for that matter....LOL. well, i got my first copter in today and i had to fly it. so i charged her up, ripped her on the maiden voyage, charged her again and took her on the second flight...i thought i was getting the hang of it when all of a sudden i bumped and gave it too much lift and BAM...slammed into the ceiling where my bird came crashing to the ground...i set the copter back on its landing feet and went to take off...she started to lift off and then went completely haywire...i checked for broken or loose pieces on it and i only found one thing that may or may not be the problem..if you take the upper set of rotors, fold them in your left hand with the tips facing your pinkie, take your right pointer and thumb and hold the "driveshaft", then take your left hand and move it away from your body and pull it back to you there is a little bit of play...im not sure if this is normal but it is the only thing i can find. if i run the rotors and hold the copter in my hand i can see that the top set of rotors is wobbling all over the place and if i let it try to fly they actually make contact with the lower set of rotors...any suggestions? sorry if my terminology isnt correct...thanks for your help!!!

rooster92
01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Can you post pics?

Chris.S.
01-28-2011, 10:46 AM
By going haywire, do you mean it lifts up but then randomly flies in an out of control circle and crashes into the ground, wall, whatever's closest?

It sounds to me like you have probably found the source of the problem. That piece you're referring to is called the "rotor head" or "shaft stopper", it has two pins that go into the blade grips-you probably broke those pins off.

roel126
03-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you have a bent shaft.