PDA

View Full Version : CNC head for CPPro?

Raysun
01-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

Am considering CNC head/swash for CPPro. Is it worth the $100+? Microheli available at LHS.

I have two CPP's, and just built and test flew my all CNC HDX450SE ( very nice!). So am wondering if CNC head will improve CPP hover stability/smoothness enough to justify cost....or is it what it is and fly it stock? Its OK, but smoother would be better (more fun).

Head I think is crucial as also have HBCP2, and very stick pitch response...hover..hover..bam! Up 10 feet. Told silicone spray will help but need some fix.

Comments appreciated!

Ray

carlo_the_wonder_frog
01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I thought this one was better than the Microheli version.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_65&products_id=2163
They seem to fly ok with the stock head too.

Raysun
01-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Yup, probably better. And yes stock CPP head is fine.

But since replies are not overwhelming in terms of upgrade, I think my $$$ will go into the TRx 600 fund.

Actually since I started to hover my HDX450SE on Saturday, the CPP's are gathering dust. Not their fault, they will see aerobatic service when weather improves.

Thanks again,

Ray

DEEP6PAK
02-06-2007, 04:02 PM
I started 6 weeks ago with a CP, it rapidly became a CPP, then my friend bought a T rex 450 se... Now I have a Trex 450se, and am wondering why I wasted money on the blade... The 450 is awesome! I only have half a dozen flights in on it, but I am rapidly getting better and better. The difference is night and day to the Blade.