PDA

View Full Version : Help please

BrandonGold
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I am building an aerial video rig and i am having trouble deciding which unit to use

im thinking either
Flymentor 3D - i have this installed on a blade 400 and am very happy with it and the software that comes with it ... but thats on a smaller bird... i wonder if it could handle a T-rex 600
Copilot 2 - no experience but I have heard good things
Spartan ap2000i - No experience with this but it states its mostly for aerial photography
and lastly
the helicommand 3A - i think this would probably be the best but from what i hear its extremely difficult to install and im not to happy about the 600 dollar price tag ... when all the other options are half the price or lower ....

I am leaning towards flymentor 3d just b/c its cheap in i think its a quality piece of equipment but im unsure of how it will preform on my 600

can you guys weigh in ? and help me make up this decision ?

pril250
01-26-2011, 01:49 PM
In this class of stabilisation you are really down to two systems The Flymentor or FMA CPII. I can confirm that FM works as well on a Trex600, I have one installed and it works well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2M_Pjis6U

Both systems will work well for this application, bearing in mind that FM is more sensitive to vibrations (considerably higher on a 600 than a 450).

Hope this helps:)

BrandonGold
01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
ALWAYS A GOOD HELP DUUDE ... THANK YOU ... THINK IM GOING TO GO WITH THE FM AND GIVE IT A SHOT

Stumblebee
01-28-2011, 09:36 PM
This is an excellent video. I think it may illustrate something I have been thinking about regarding using a 450 as an AP. To my way of thinking, one characteristic of any AP would have to be the ability to stay "on point". I don't know how well a 450 can do this. FM and CP II are both good stabilization products but for photographic purposes there seems to be a problem holding the 450 at altitude. It likes to bob up and down. I have chalked this up to the current draw of the motor, servos and radio on the lipo. I figure the lipo and speed control are busy enough just providing current to keep the bird in the air, much less maintaining a constant altitude for any length of time.

Perhaps I am overlooking something in all of this with regards to constant altitude.

pril250
01-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Especially on windy days:)