PDA

View Full Version : Who can help?

MJ Heli
02-05-2011, 03:47 AM
I have a Walkera CB180D (metal version) helicopter.

Adjusting my roll or aileron trim setting all the way to the left, the helicopter still takes off by moving to the right on take off.

Also, pushing my nick or elevator trim all the way bac, the helicopter still moves forward on take off.

It can be adjusted while flying it, but it is very difficult to handle.

Can anything be done to take off more "balanced", meaning without so much movement?

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you in advance,

MJ

Bob O
02-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Moved out of the Main forum. Good luck!

dbennettya
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Not really sure on the CB180, but in my experience do this:

Disconnect the motor or use throttle hold, zero/center your elevator and aileron trim. Bind the rx to tx (after plugging in the battery don't move or touch the heli until it is fully initialized), then move the throttle to about 1/2, then level the swash with the elevator and aileron links to get it the best possible by eye. Now throttle off and connect the motor, now try to lift off and fly. It should be pretty close and may need a little trim.

Good Luck, Don

I have a Walkera CB180D (metal version) helicopter.

Adjusting my roll or aileron trim setting all the way to the left, the helicopter still takes off by moving to the right on take off.

Also, pushing my nick or elevator trim all the way bac, the helicopter still moves forward on take off.

It can be adjusted while flying it, but it is very difficult to handle.

Can anything be done to take off more "balanced", meaning without so much movement?

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you in advance,

MJ

RM3Studios
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Check the center of gravity. That might have something to do with it going forward on take off, but it sounds more like the swash isn't level as dbennettya said.