PDA

View Full Version : Leading edge

Superior
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
As it say I just wanted to know have anyone ever tried leading edge on there 500 an what was the out come good or bad let me know .I'm thinking bout doing it to my hk 500 I'm getting bored wit it .ok here's my setup hk 500gt,mg-930 on the head,typhoon 500 motor, cc 75 ice lite gov high mode 2450 & 2600 hs , ltg 2100 gyro ds 520

ualdrivr
02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Have not done it, but I don't think it'll hurt anything by doing it.;) Just flip the blade grips and you good to go.

If you're board though, I would recommend a new build, of a bigger heli.:YeaBaby:

odachiman
02-11-2011, 02:12 PM
So I have not tried this either. In fact I have never heard of it. I assume you are referring to leading edge control of the main blades. In my research on the subject I came across an interesting discussion. http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t580648p1/ I was not able to find supporting evidence for this though.

From what I gathered switching your 500 to leading edge control would result in increased stability. This would be a result of the negative feedback on blade pitch during flapping. So as the blade flaps up the blade grip linkage would pull downward decreasing the blade pitch and reducing the amount the blade flapped. I think the same would hold true for cyclic inputs. They would be dampened resulting in more stable and less responsive cyclic controls. Maybe. We need the expertise of an aeronautical engineer.

I am not sure that it is easy as flipping the blade grips though. Your linkages will not line up right. I think you would also need to flip the flybar seesaw holder and the washout base. Also, due to the asymmetry of the washout base you would limit the travel available for positive pitch.

If you give it a try, let us know how it goes.

Elios000
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
all the FBL 500s are LE control so it should work might get some pitching up in FFF

RaceAce
02-12-2011, 05:36 PM
If you just flip the grips you will end up with reverse pitch action :thumbdown:
Unless you change the swash mix values, but then you would still end up with the swash working in reverse, i.e swash down for positive pitch and vice versa :confused:
I say stick it in a nice fuselage if you want something to do ;)

Elios000
02-12-2011, 09:20 PM
which way the swash moves doesnt really matter to much
but changing to LE control will change how the heli flys