PDA

View Full Version : Trex 100 3G!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Helico-pteron
02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't mean to be so dense, but does the 3G system mean that this bird is CP instead of FP?
yes

Helico-pteron
02-26-2011, 05:08 PM
What's the rush? The original isn't available yet.
http://www.helidirect.com/align-trex-100s-super-combo-kx022005-p-22936.hdx

Yes it is, they sold out quick. That has to say something there.

irwinfc
02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
if I could use this bind and fly with my spektrum transmitter I'd be all over it... I don't really want to both pay for and use a crappy bundled TX though.

... and you know the bundled tx is crappy because.....
a) you can look ahead into the future?
b) you've already tried it?
c) you designed it?

if you already have your might DSM-whatever, go stick with your BNF. but for the rest of us who use something else (better) this cuts it. and there are some out there who actually appreciate helis instead of drooling over technology that stuff nowadays come "bound" with.

It's such a predictable move: Throw together some CG illustrations and then post them on Facebook with the ambiguous "in processing" as a shameless attempt to freeze the market and slow the mCPX's momentum.

They're only fooling the fools.

Align is only just now getting the regular 100 into people's hands in the US, and after how many months of hype?

To all who are getting really excited and proclaiming "Atta boy, Align, way to stick it to EFlite!," I say, good luck with your wishful thinking chasing that rainbow. This product is pure vapor at the moment. Nobody will see this thing for real until Christmas at the earliest.

By then, I will have mastered my mCPX and moved on to the Blade 450.

ahemm. align started promoting the Trex 700E that way, too. look where it is now. don't be too hasty. as if you have tried the mCPx yourself. yeah, WE ALL have seen the videos and..?

antmeeks
02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
ahemm. align started promoting the Trex 700E that way, too. look where it is now. don't be too hasty. as if you have tried the mCPx yourself. yeah, WE ALL have seen the videos and..?

and... In a week I'll be able to go to my LHS and buy the mCPX.

For the T100 3G... ?

And really, who cares how Align promoted the 700e? We're talking about the fictional T100 3G, which coincidentally happened to show up as a CG render on Align's Facebook page (of all places) at around the same time the mCPX is scheduled to ship.

No specs, no dates, no price... no real photos... just an ambiguous "in processing" that basically admits it's nothing more than a bunch of hot air fabricated to try and ride the marketing coattails of the mCPX.

Will Align one day release this mythical creature? I'd say based on the the fact they did the T100, yes - But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

lazor 22
02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure all new designs are have CG renderings first. Whats your problem man? Can't you just except that Align is going to make a micro CP too? It's called free market, competition is a good thing...

antmeeks
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure all new designs are have CG renderings first. Whats your problem man? Can't you just except that Align is going to make a micro CP too? It's called free market, competition is a good thing...

I welcome consumer options, market saturation and competitive pricing.

I don't have a problem with Align.

I'm voicing my opinion, which is:

1. The T100 3G is not yet a real product - there isn't even a working prototype.
2. Align was not working on a micro CP prior to the release of the mCPX - If they were, they would have released the renders on the same day as the mCPX.
3. It will be a long time before a "T100 3G type" product from Align will be available for purchase.

Hope that's clear enough.

Max McCarthy
02-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Come on, this thread is just a bit of fun keeping us busy until anything exciting does PHYSICALLY happen!
:cheers:lol:

lazor 22
02-28-2011, 01:05 PM

1. The T100 3G is not yet a real product - there isn't even a working prototype.
2. Align was not working on a micro CP prior to the release of the mCPX - If they were, they would have released the renders on the same day as the mCPX.
3. It will be a long time before a "T100 3G type" product from Align will be available for purchase.

How do you know they weren't working on it before the mcpx? Can't you let people be excited for it, instead of saying the mcpx will be better, which isn't even out yet. You weren't mad when e-flite came out with their micro cp.

antmeeks
02-28-2011, 02:09 PM
How do you know they weren't working on it before the mcpx? Can't you let people be excited for it, instead of saying the mcpx will be better, which isn't even out yet. You weren't mad when e-flite came out with their micro cp.

lazor, dude... relax.

I never said I was "mad". I never said the mCPX was "better". I never claimed to "know" anything.

Everything I've said is merely my opinion. An opinion that has been formed by the way events have unfolded.

My opinion on this matter makes a lot of sense to me and apparently a few other forum members.

Regardless, Align may very well release the "3G" as soon as tomorrow. World peace may also be achieved in my lifetime. I don't know, I don't have a crystal ball.

You and anyone else can get as "excited" as you want. I'm not keeping you from enjoying your moment as you implied above. The only person raining on your parade is you, my friend. No need to throw out accusations.

Ah Clem
02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Looks very nice...

but can I get one with a V-Bar or BeastX in it?

SYMAWD
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM

How can you say that? There was a working mCP X over a year ago, it was just in R&D until now.

lazor 22
02-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Exactly, do you think they just make prototypes with nothing to go off of?

antmeeks
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
How can you say that? There was a working mCP X over a year ago, it was just in R&D until now.

Sheesh, it's starting to feel like groundhog day around here.

It's my OPINION based on the fact that IF there were a working prototype of the T100 3G, Align would have released PHOTOS of it instead of a fake CG illustration when the mCPX was announced.

I COULD be wrong... Again... my OPINION:thumbup:

SYMAWD
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Sheesh, it's starting to feel like groundhog day around here.

It's my OPINION based on the fact that IF there were a working prototype of the T100 3G, Align would have released PHOTOS of it instead of a fake CG illustration when the mCPX was announced.

I COULD be wrong... again... my OPINION:thumbup:

Your opinion is entitled here, but the TREX 100 just came out of no where one day. In my OPINION I doubt that from the time renderings were released to about a month ago, they designed, researched, tweaked, manufactured, etc. the TREX 100.

lazor 22
02-28-2011, 03:26 PM
fake CG illustration

If it was released by Align themselves, which it was, it is NOT fake.

antmeeks
02-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Ok, time for a mea culpa here - My opinion has changed...

The T100S was announced on FB with CADs on Nov 2nd and started shipping to the US last week.

Based on that timeline, US buyers should be able to get the 3G in June.

Gregor99
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Looks very nice...

but can I get one with a V-Bar or BeastX in it?
Or KBDD dampers and tail blades? Can I use the KBDD tail blades from a 90 as main blades?

;) Sorry couldn't resist.

Ah Clem
02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Gregor,

ROTFLMAO!

lazor 22
02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Probably, if you shave down the root. :)

hoot
02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
I want to buy one just so I can stomp on it.

Mojappa
03-01-2011, 12:05 AM
:lolol I kinda like the heli and that's still funny as hell.

TMoore
03-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I want to buy one just so I can stomp on it.

If you're gonna do that, get the one with the Spektrum option.

hoot
03-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Definitely!

Mojappa
03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
If you're gonna do that, get the one with the Spektrum option.

Did I miss something or are you referring to the mCP x? I wish I had the money to buy nine innings worth of MSR's (or any other the 45 FB'd FP's), that would be a pretty fun game of baseball.:)

hackish
03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Considering what happens in this industry I am not at all surprised that they wouldn't release photos. If it were me, I'd release a rendering of an outdated design or something fake to symbolize the product. Consider they put a pile of R&D time into designing and building a product then the copterx of the world buy and copy one. Less info for the knockoff companies is better.

I am not at all surprised, in fact it totally makes sense that they design a FP heli and then use as many common elements as they can to use a shared platform for their CP version. Reduce their R&D which knockoff companies will steal anyway.