PDA

View Full Version : HC3SX...

bostonkiter
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
My intention is to build a Compass 6HV FBL and use a Helicommand HC3SX. While I'm sure it'll fly as good as any top level FBL system, my main criteria is the bail-out feature. That feature saved me DOZENS of times with my CP2 setup on a FB 450/500!!

I read the HC manuel and found it complicated, but I'm not scared to be patient and learn how to set it up. But then I read about there being an issue the the self leveling feature while 'flying long routes / circuits'. That's truly why I want to go with Helicommand in the first place. I'm a 'Sport Flyer' at best and don't come near the potential 3D performance that the HC3SX is capable of. It's unclear to me if the setup HC advised we avoid using is how I would set it up.
Does anyone know if Hellicommand has made progress or has updated their "fix" for the stabilization issues?...or if for me it's a non-issue given the set-up details?

Thanks in advance.

eRaptor
03-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I've been watching the reports on HF and runryder, and have not seen a fix posted as yet. As far as I know, they recommend avoiding acro+pitch mode.

But I have not seen anyone affirming that plain acro with stabilization is OK. Interestingly, on their website, the advisory starts with talking about problems with twin turbines. Wish I had those problems :roll:

georgi UK
03-11-2011, 02:04 PM
=] the original issue was claimed to be inherent with twin-shaft turbine resonance......

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=277654

it seems the MEMS, as a heli mate has pointed out elsewhere has horizon issues, "as well" being the way it has been re-worded from the original acro pitch statement.....

georgi UK

FlyBarLessFreak
04-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Who's is this heli mate of which you speak, he sounds to be highly intelligent, sharp dresser, and a real hit with the ladys ! :clap

georgi UK
04-02-2011, 02:12 PM
=] we go back a long way!! good for a laugh too!! :lol:

this is part of his work also!! =

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=277654

georgi UK

FlyBarLessFreak
04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
i just saw this on robbe's site

Dear Sir or Madam,
During our constant quality monitoring procedures we have determined that a malfunction may occur when using the HC3-SX helicopter stabilisation system.
During extended steady manoeuvres it is possible under unfavourable circumstances for the “virtual horizon” of the HC3-SX to shift. This can result in a possible malfunction of the “Acro with collective pitch” option, and inaccuracy in horizontal stabilisation (self-levelling). We therefore request that you do not use the “Acro with collective pitch” option until you hear from us again.

freddiepenrose
05-06-2011, 06:55 PM
i just received an email from the manufacture stating they will have a fix in place within 3 weeks, end of may. i too am waiting to purchase but will wait for the fix to buy.