Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lack of collective response around mid stick

I was just reading the post and watching the video on VRS where the MCPx descends all the way to the ground even after you bring the collective back up. I am experiencing this quite noticeably but also see it when ascending as it will continue to climb even after I bring the collective back down to stop the ascent. It seems that from about 35-70% on collective there is slow response from the heli but then it really jumps up or down when toward the extremes of the collective range. I have tried this with all of my pitch curves and throttle curves as recommended for the DX7 in the manual and it exists with all of them. It doesn't appear to be a throttle issue as I have one that is a flat 100% and it does it there too. I have run through my pitch range and the ptich seems to change smoothly throughout and the servos appear to be working fine. I also increased by travel on pitch to 100% each way to see if that would remove the issue but it has not. Any thoughts on this? It basically behaves as though there is a very wide deadband throughout the mid collective range.
shadowreader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could replicate expo and make a S curve for the pitch curve where you lower position 2 and raise postition 4 to get more pitch sooner in the stick range.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My collective is very quick and touchy. I'm using a DX8 with 25 expo, 100% rates and had to adjust the sub trim to get the collective to mid pitch. Stock settings have very little positive and a ton of negative pitch.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
You could replicate expo and make a S curve for the pitch curve where you lower position 2 and raise postition 4 to get more pitch sooner in the stick range.
Yep, every heli I own that is 450 and smaller(walkera, rex 250) I use an s curve to liven up center stick collective. The larger machines don't need it, IMO to get a linear feel, you need an s curve on the micros.

to even out the collective, use the pitch servo atv's
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I can try that it just seems odd. I know it was doing this before I swapped out the bad bearings because I was troubleshooting that when the blade let loose. Thanks.
Boomer Sooner!!!
shadowreader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting.
I will try that out and see how it affects the collective response around mid-stick.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sub-Trim to even things out...

I set my sub-trim pitch to 50 (DX7) and I'm very happy with the results.

When I'm flying this thing I just can't believe it. It feels incredibly locked in and agile.

Compass 7HV - Goblin 700
Align 500DFC PRO
Align 250SE FBL BX
Brady Miceli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in