PDA

View Full Version : Poll on the 450

Pages : [1] 2

whoanelly
03-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Just taking a poll on the 450

AzChopp3r
03-16-2011, 10:57 AM
The 450 is a better starting platform than the 400 is. I say starting platform because both birds need to be upgraded. But in my opinion, all Eflite did was to make my 400 obsolete for their financial profit. Am I going to run out and buy a 450? No. I voted #4

birch
03-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I voted "much better" for the simple fact that there is a BNF option. I might be buying one this summer after the initial field reports are in.

whoanelly
03-16-2011, 05:39 PM
well its good to see so far that its a good choice..

thatdude596
03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Good point and thought azchoppa

Mojappa
03-17-2011, 09:28 AM
How can anyone cast a vote based on anything other than speculation, it's not out yet.:confused:

SYMAWD
03-17-2011, 10:18 AM
How can anyone cast a vote based on anything other than speculation, it's not out yet.:confused:

+1 The new servos, ESC, and gyro may allow this to fly perfectly without electronic upgrades. Based off of the promotion video, this looks very capable, but so did the mCP X:roll:.

Mojappa
03-17-2011, 10:25 AM
The mCP is capable when in capable hands.

SYMAWD
03-17-2011, 10:29 AM
The mCP is capable when in capable hands.

...and when its blades are on.

Mojappa
03-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah, of course. Haven't had that issue, as with many others. Not denying it's existence, but not convinced of it's prevalence either. Too early either way at this point.

whoanelly
03-17-2011, 06:15 PM

Sorry i had no idea ?? i thought you guys were already flying the 450? :thinking

fusionsx00
03-22-2011, 06:08 AM
So if your gona buy the 450 and expect the same performance in there video,
be ready to buy every upgrade they sell, yes that's over 500$

My lhs owner has seen a demo, I ask if the demo was stock(bnf) or if it had the upgrades,
his answer was, well the motor was the 440, not the 420 it comes with, and blade recomends having the cnc head and tail upgrades(including cnc belt drive) when useing the high kv/power motor.

So that answers my question. For that heli to perform as well as there demo video its gona cost over 500$, at that point you can have a cf trex or gaui arf, maybee even cheaper
with proven parts.

Nice try eflite, ohh I mean" blade".
I would love to fly one, but I don't see my self spending 500 on a blade heli.
I guess my intrest is now gone.

My vote is based on cost of heli, I know its not out yet.

gijoe
03-22-2011, 05:30 PM
So if your gona buy the 450 and expect the same performance in there video,
be ready to buy every upgrade they sell, yes that's over 500$

My lhs owner has seen a demo, I ask if the demo was stock(bnf) or if it had the upgrades,
his answer was, well the motor was the 440, not the 420 it comes with, and blade recomends having the cnc head and tail upgrades(including cnc belt drive) when useing the high kv/power motor.

So that answers my question. For that heli to perform as well as there demo video its gona cost over 500$, at that point you can have a cf trex or gaui arf, maybee even cheaper
with proven parts.

Nice try eflite, ohh I mean" blade".
I would love to fly one, but I don't see my self spending 500 on a blade heli.
I guess my intrest is now gone.

My vote is based on cost of heli, I know its not out yet.

Where is your hobby shop and what is the number there? I would like to call and talk to the owner as ask directly how was the performance.

The 450 3D was at the RCX show and it does have the aluminum headblock, but this is STANDARD, the rest of the head and tail was plastic. You can clearly see this in the videos...

The product is STOCK in all HH product videos.

SYMAWD
03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
The product is STOCK in all HH product videos.

That is debatable. We know that the pre-production mCP X had a different 3 in 1, so we don't know which one was used in the product video.

thatdude596
03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd highly doubt it's stock. Really no one knows but hh

fusionsx00
03-23-2011, 02:27 AM
We will all know when it is released.
I will ask jim tommorow if he minds me giving out is number.

You know alot of the bigger hobby stores get invited to these events,
ask around they might have seen one in action.

VortechZ230
03-23-2011, 08:46 PM
I will buy it, good price for the bnf, good practice heli for aerobatics!.....

T/CHunter2009
03-28-2011, 07:14 PM
The Blade 450 will be a good BNF for those who have a DX6i or better. . Get a scorpion Motor if you want more power { E- flight motors dont last long } At least you can get re-build kits for the Scorpions. Then add C.F blades from Hobby King and your good to go. But no matter what way you go ,you cant compare these Heli's to a Align Heli. But for a entry level heli there awesome. E-Flight makes good heli's for pilots not wanting to spend a arm and a leg on replacment parts.{plastic is cheap and the way to go for the beginner pilot} If you going to get a Blade 450 and upgrading it with all the good stuff you might as well get a Align T-Rex 450 pro . My T-rex 500 esp is so much easier to fly than the Blade 400 my 400 now just sits in a box collecting dust. The 450 BNF might be worth trying out and will make a good 1st time 3D stunt dummy Heli. That way instead of taking any chances with my 500 esp. trying a new move out I would rather crash a plastic heli thats cheap to repair. :thumbup:

bradharvy
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah, of course. Haven't had that issue, as with many others. Not denying it's existence, but not convinced of it's prevalence either. Too early either way at this point.
well if a blade flys off and smacks you in the head, or your flat screen,... :pukeIt does make me want to puke! Happened to me. So it's not just pilot error ya know, need 2 blades ta fly! :peace

Mojappa
03-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Never said it was.

FR4-Pilot
03-31-2011, 10:41 PM
It's a cool looking heli and I'm glad they re-designed the B400.

But ...

They've once again shown their lack of quality control and product testing with the recent mCPx head grip problem & the recall. Personally, I'd wait a while to see what kinds of things they may have cut corners on before supporting any new product from Horizon/E-Flite/Blade/Whoever.

Hopefully the new parts work much better than the B400 parts (servos, ESC, gyro, etc.). If not, and everyone still decides to replace them from the start (for legitimate reasons, not just for bling) then they probably wasted their time.

I'd really like to see it be a success without any user upgrades though.

-John

Rotorbroke
04-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm not gonna vote, but I don't plan on getting one until it is raved about as cannot live without. I have the 400, but I really spend my time with the Walkera V450 FBL because it is just plain easier to fly for me and my repair costs are much less. imho..... but I haven't seen or flown a Blade 450 yet.....

desertblade400
04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
So we're being asked to vote and evaluate a heli that isn't even available for purchase? A heli that no one has yet to fly in the US? Gimme a break.

tibadoe
04-13-2011, 02:24 PM
From what I read it looks to be a little better than the 400 in areas. Not a bad price for a combo deal. Cheap to fix if I crash. Some parts are interchangable. Sometime this fall I will get one and keep practicing hovering around.

whoanelly
04-14-2011, 11:26 AM
So we're being asked to vote and evaluate a heli that isn't even available for purchase? A heli that no one has yet to fly in the US? Gimme a break.

Hey Desert , when i started this thread i thought you guys were allready flying this puppy or i wouldnt of asked the questions, I had no idea .so lets take a Xanex and breath . :face So why is there so many votes already then?