PDA

View Full Version : The hardened pin that locks the constant drive hub into the main shaft

TheBillMan
03-26-2011, 06:28 PM
I have a quick question concerning the hardened pin that locks the constant drive hub into the main shaft. Im currently having a problem with centering the 4mm pin through the shaft. For some reason my main shaft and hardened pin did not fit through the holes very well at all without slight modification. So, the question is... If my pin is not centered all way through the hole on the shaft will this possibly cause a bad vibration on the head because its not balanced? Ive attached a picture of the assembly.
By the way, my kit is the newer 2010 version of the Aurora nitro.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Laurens
03-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I'd want that pin all the way through. Is there really no way you can get it through? Maybe tapping it lightly with a hammer will work.

questerng
03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
this is definitely not right.. there should not have to do any mod.. I'm suspecting that you have one of those component in 3mm and 4mm.. I would use a 3mm pin and the 4mm pin to check the gear and the hub separately.. to see which one is wrong and replace..

Q

questerng
03-27-2011, 07:28 PM
sorry..my bad..

what I mean is the hub and main shaft..

FBLessOne
03-27-2011, 11:52 PM
don't sweat it just send those parts to Avant:
http://www.avantrc.com/support/showthread.php?t=538

TheBillMan
03-28-2011, 01:32 PM
I just sent in the whole assembly to them today for their inspection by Express Mail.. It looks like the main shaft or the hub sleeve for the one-way sprag bearing was warped/bent or not true. This caused the 4mm hardened pin not to go through the shaft all the way Also when I mounted the assembly to the frame along with the clutch assembly, the main gear was completely out of sync with the clutch pinion gear mesh..

Anyhow, thanks for all your suggestions and help. Hopefully Avant will send me out the replacement parts quickly, so I can get on with the rest of my build!

TheBillMan
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Here's what Avant found on the part assembly that I sent them. I'm really impressed on how good their Service Support handled the issue and turned around the bad parts.

Kudos to Avant Service Support!!! :clap

Fernando,Customer ServiceAvant RC

FBLessOne
04-01-2011, 09:12 PM
nice :)

Laurens
04-03-2011, 02:59 PM
+1