PDA

View Full Version : Flipped the tail... would it work?

tribe3
03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
By the time I had drilled the 2.5mm holes I realized that the tail goes on the "other" side...

Before disassembling and doing it right I thought I'd reverse the hardware too and ask you guys...

https://files.me.com/tribe3/32yhcb

tribe3
03-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Never mind. I turned it back the right way

Mercuriell
04-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Sure it would but it wouldn't be a Srimok :)

vikas
04-01-2011, 07:34 AM
hey cmon now, youre going too fast, slow down, dont rush through foreplay:YeaBaby:

hookmaker
04-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Well in terms of physics, it should increase the tail performance due to less drag and turbulence from the fin in the tail downwash - but maybe it doesn't matter much(?)
/henrik

marcosp
04-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeap, 2 theories, having good airflow inward or outward, and how the downdraft from the main rotor hits the tail disk, be it with a blade moving backwards or forward.

Mercuriell
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
The TDR has the tail rotor going down with the tailwash - one of the best tails on any heli so U guess it doesn't make a lot of difference - probably affected by boom length though too.

marcosp
04-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Huh, now you mention it I see it in the pictures of the TDR, never caught it before. That tail sounds mean on every video I watch...
Man, I already sent Jan H an email inquiring. I am soooo fighting the temptation!!! My FAIFA is almost back in the air, almost surely this weekend. I plan on lowering the head after making sure it's flying fine and checking how I like it. If I am happy with that I might withhold from the TDR. My thinking is the FAIFA with lower head is sort of the same type of heli as the TDR. I want Kasama to release the lowrider soon!!!

Mercuriell
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
THe Faifa is way more agile than the TDR and also very fast - the TDR has lovely poise and grace though - it is a delight to fly - even Kasama likes to fly myTDR ;)

marcosp
04-04-2011, 02:34 PM
So those videos of Timo Wendtland doing 3D are with a different head or something? I know it's gracefull 3D mostly but when he goes into Idle 2 @ 1900 rpm that thing moves fast AND smacks!
I do grasp the difference though, just saying I was surprised the TDR 3Ds better than I thought.