PDA

View Full Version : Walkera question...smack talkers welcome!

skunkworx
02-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Anyone out there played with a DF 52? I just got one and understand what a can of worms I've opened up. I'd like to upgrade a bunch of suff on it but don't have a clue what size motor/ESC/gyro/servos etc. I'll need.

I found a long list of people on other sites that fly them but I don't care to join another forum as I'm quite happy here! I've seen a bunch of Walkeras fly so I'm not convinced they are pure junk, only a certain few models.

I already have a Trex 450 SE for those of you who come in swinging! I'm quite happy with it, but the 52 is sooo cheap I couldn't resist (plus I met the reserve price and no-one outbid me!).

So how 'bout it Freaks? Thanks!

ewok_poacher
03-10-2007, 02:15 AM
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562295
first read this and get it setup. I dont think you really need to upgrade anything except the main motor -
I am suggesting a slot car motor. specifically an NSR "king" 38,500rpm motor. This motor will not require an esc or a tail upgrade. I also like using a better battery than the stock one I use an 11.1v 500mah li-po that I got from common sense rc for cheap.
if you have any questions about how to set this little guy up or on anything else about the 52 feel free to ask me. I am pretty familiar with it.

tmax0100
06-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Yea man i have walkera 36 and i had alittle crash and the big gear my engin goes to spins but it doesnt spin the disk below it that spins the tail and main blades whats wrong
?

PaulW
06-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Sonds like the one way bearing is broken